UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

S22 used to have a major on his UCLA portal.

Are you sure it was UCLA?

I can confirm. My S22 had his major listed a couple of weeks ago.

4 Likes

My son had major listed too but it’s no more there and sentence has been rephrased on application portal. It doesn’t indicate anything though.

3 Likes

I am 100% sure

1 Like

I can confirm @Reecefish31 is correct!

1 Like

What does the sentence say?

1 Like

I have the same error message too, but it was working earlier in the week.

2 Likes

When do you see the error message? I just see two tabs status and contact us. And under status it says: Application received.

2 Likes

It was written in. a letter format. I am not sure if it was like that before. Earlier, it was just plain text that your application has been received but now it’s more formal. I don’t consider this good or bad . Noticeable change is that major “Computer Science” has been removed.

2 Likes

I can’t even get that far anymore. Just says application not found. It was there this weekend so I’m guessing they are uploading etc.

2 Likes

Yes. My DD’s portal has exactly the same thing.

1 Like

Regarding the error message:
I spoke with the UCLA admissions people and usually there is a problem on the applicant’s side. They suggested typing everything in by hand, making sure that capital words are capitalized. Also make sure you are using the correct ID number. You can also go back and make sure everything was entered correctly in the UC application page. Click on update personal details and see if perhaps some thing was entered incorrectly there. In our case there was a misspelling.

2 Likes

I had the same issue and then I realized that I was mistyping the UC application number (interchanged digits)

4 Likes

Yes! When I hand typed in the UC app. number (not copy/paste), it worked! Thanks for the assist!

1 Like

I was really looking forward to the UCLA decision this friday but I happened on this UCLA ECE annual report and saw the CompE freshman admit rates are just 2%.

RIP for my S22’s chances. I may not even waste my time checking the status.

1 Like

aye bruh its over :skull: i applied cs prolly not as bad as CE but still less than <10%

3 Likes

Appears to be MUCH easier as a transfer admit!

4 Likes

Not much easier. We are talking ~6% for transfers. At these sample sizes, it might just be noise.

what do you guys think about applying undecided engineering? will that help my chances?