UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

I have a friend that received a record not found but i got an application received from the portal? Is this portal astrology or does this mean that the system is tripping out?

Like UCSC did last week. So upsetting!

2 Likes

Did she check to see if she also received an email that may have went to spam or that she didn’t notice? Just wondering because if the request for supplemental information is hard to find I wonder how many others did not see the request. Good luck!

1 Like

My DS received an email with the supplemental essay request.

3 Likes

Try typing in the application ID manually. Copying and pasting has been an issue and several posters stated they received the same error.

5 Likes

For NYU, one of the schools had created nyu email ids for admitted students. They could go to gmail.com and input there id@stern.nyu.edu and see as invalid for non admitted or asks for a password if you are in. I see poli sci staff have ids as flast@polisci.ucla.edu … f stands for first letter of first name and ‘last’ is last name… would anything of that sort work for UCLA?

3 Likes

For Berkeley I think you get to chose whatever email tag you want. Not sure if its standardized for UCLA but I feel like it wouldn’t work.

2 Likes

I believe faculty and staff have the department in their email address while students have @ ucla.edu.

Did ucla always not notify the specific time in previous year?
I notice that on its website, it says the decision will be released by April 1.

I’m starting to doubt the possibility of today as well…my kid is asking me what’s the tea on CC and I don’t have any news about UCLA release time!

5 Likes

I’m starting to doubt whether decisions will come today too. UCLA hasn’t announced Regents yet, which normally happens before decisions are released. Maybe Regents will come today and decisions in another week or two. Just speculation based on nothing real!

1 Like

When does the Alumni scholarship reading start? I think in previous years gumbymom or one of the other forum champs had that info.

1 Like

I am scheduled to read alumni association scholarship applications tomorrow.

16 Likes

Then looks like results may not be today?

This means they will be released today. They would not spend their time reading Alumni scholarship essays for students that are not accepted.

14 Likes

Just checked last year’s thread. Looks like there was no notice given on the date either and decisions came out at 5:00ish. As for Alumni readers, didn’t the video posted by @lkg4answers talk specifically about reading the alumni apps immediately following the release of decisions? If so then that seems as a tip that decisions come out today. Alumni readers only have a couple days to read (based on the video)

8 Likes

Ok, so it looks like today’s the day.

3 Likes

I agree with @Reecefish31

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

UCLA used to announce Regents along with regular admissions. It was only recently that they started notifying Regents candidates in advance.

Great! Thanks @Pugmom21. That confirms that decisions should come out today. Alumni don’t start reading until after students are notified.

5 Likes