UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

Cool. I was not expressing any concerns. Just an opinion. You have a wonderful day.

I don’t know why should I hear this same advices in here after I got letters from us schools. We didn’t do anything in winter break.

It is a discussion forum so there will be discussions. As a student I love seeing them as it allows me to learn both good and bad about college admissions. Anyway congrats and enjoy.

1 Like

to be fair to @Gujiwoo, we probably all know families who accepted an ED but continued to hang on to other options as long as possible. We never had an ED opportunity with my oldest son, but certainly some of his classmates did, and then we heard about them getting into schools X,Y and Z months later. It is against the rules, but college admission season can be pretty cut-throat, and admit it or not, you always look out for your kid first.

2 Likes

We are not the people like immoral but ED and other EA schools ( Restrict schools) allow to apply public universities. So we did only. I think common app doesn’t allow to apply various EDs. But I found out some of them apply other schools after they got in ED because they expected more financial award but they didn’t get . Sometimes it happens that net price and final awards are different. But we can not blame any people who had financial trouble.

1 Like

Let’s move the discussion back to UCLA please.

While I phrased the above sentence politely, please do not interpret that to mean compliance is optional.

9 Likes

For the 3 users who responded after my post above, ostensibly because the message was too subtle, let me be more clear: Move the conversation forward.

4 Likes

UCLA will reduce admissions for non-residents (OOS and international) for the 2022-2023 cycle from 25% to 23%. By the year 2031, each UC campus will have a cap of 10% of non-residents. It is the new legislation that was passed this summer in CA.

10 Likes

And more on the horizon in Gov. Newsom’s budget. This from the LA Times:

The budget plan also proposes funding to increase California student enrollment this fall by 9,434 students at Cal State and 7,132 at UC — including 902 seats at UCLA, UC Berkeley and UC San Diegocurrently allocated to international and out-of-state students. The state would provide $31 million to those three popular campuses to cover the cost of replacing nonresident students, who each pay about $30,000 in supplemental tuition, with Californians.

11 Likes

Interestingly, though, he opposed the CalGrant Reform bill - which, as I understood it, mostly just got unnecessary bureaucratic hurdles out of the way for people who are qualified but have difficulty navigating an overly complex system…and the only real reason for opposing it was cost.

Hmm…there’s gotta be something in there missing. Adds huge dollars to the budget to displace OOS and Intl students in favor of the UC core mission…opposes streamlining a popular program that helps the lowest income brackets afford UCs?! Go figure.

For the person who likes data, here is a complication of data for UCLA. Campus Statistics

3 Likes

Do you know if there is a breakdown within engineering? I am assuming there are tons of CS vs other disciplines.

What exactly are you looking for? For most of the data, you can use the drop down to select the college you are interested in.

I was looking for a breakdown of materials science engineering. I saw something from @sushiritto posted for slo that gave a nice breakdown by major- maybe I have to dig deeper on this site.

1 Like