UCLA almuni scholarship?

<p>I got an e-mail saying that UCLA would like me to apply for an alumni scholarship. Did they send this out to everyone? Someone told me it meant I already got in if I received this e-mail, but I doubt it…</p>

<p>I got one, but I think they send it to a lot of people. I don’t believe you’re considered in if you get one; if you get invited for the Regents scholarship, that’s a strong indicator of acceptance.</p>

<p>There’s a couple of threads on this, but I don’t feel like finding them again and linking them. I found a good amount by googling “ucla alumni scholarship invited e-mail”</p>

<p>From what I’ve read, it seems the Alumni association asks UCLA for a list of their top applicants (based off grades/stats, I think) and then they pick a good amount of those with good ECs and stuff to invite. </p>

<p>It’s not as good an indicator as Regents, since the Alumni association looks at top 30% while the top 22% gets in. But hey, I’ll take any extra hope I can get.</p>

<p>Good luck fellow applicants! I did NOT get the e-mail, but take into account, I’m sure they e-mailed you for a good reason. Why not consider applying to the alumni scholarship?</p>

<p>^Good luck to you too! Anyone can apply for the scholarship btw, but I guess certain applicants are just invited to apply. I’m definitely thinking of applying, although it’s quite a long process.</p>

<p>I am thinking of applying too but I really doubt I’ll get the scholarship much less get into the school. My unweighted UC gpa is only about 3.78, so I’m at the bottom of the top, if that makes any sense. Does anyone know what the cut-off for getting this email was?</p>

<p>No idea about the cutoffs, but I think the alumni scholarship is worth applying for.</p>

<p>Not only for the money, but by the connections too. By perusing the CC threads, it looks like we’ll get great benefits from getting the scholarship, and even if we won’t get as far, there’s the interview rounds on campus that sound really fun.</p>

<p>Apply, anyone can apply, just get on their web site and do it.</p>

<p>The Alumni Association and the Alumni Scholar Club (ASC) on campus do a lot of events which you might find enjoyable and helpful.</p>

<p>For example, a few weeks before school starts, the alumns in the area host a lunch for all the scholars in the area so you get to meet a bunch of students from your area before school even starts.</p>

<p>ASC is an actively and tight group that host lots of events on campus.</p>

<p>You will get an alumn mentor, usually a recent graduate in your major. The mentors are usually very helpful.</p>

<p>I got one for UC Davis but not for UCLA.</p>

<p>I just got a second alumni email. Anyone else get this?</p>

<p>Yeah… it’s just a reminder since the deadline is in 5 days. You probably also should’ve gotten a call.</p>

<p>@neek</p>

<p>A reminder to everyone or select people do you think?</p>

<p>Everyone .</p>

<p>have u guys been admitted?</p>

<p>I’ve been invited by email and applied for both the Freshmen and Bunche Alumni scholarship, and I got accepted to UCLA. However, I haven’t heard back from either scholarship yet.</p>