UCLA, Berkeley *DO* consider freshman year grades in admissions

<p>^ Did you even read the thread? And this post is two years old now.</p>

<p>Necromancy!!!</p>

<p>I really admired DunninLA’s valient effort at clearing this up two years ago, but the misinformation (from posters like creepycreeper) continues.</p>

<p>Even though it is from two years ago, there is a question in posts #16 and #17 about the limit on weighted points of 8 semesters or 4 year-long courses. It is much easier to find the info on the UC website now but many students, especially out-of-state applicants, choose not to notice:

</p>

<p>Another note for out-of-state sudents: ONLY AP or IB courses are given the extra GPA point, not honors courses, for OOS applicants.</p>

<p>I thought that the reason UCs didn’t include 9th year grades is because there are a number of Calif high schools that are only grades 10-12. Ninth grade is at some Calif middle schools. </p>

<p>But, that was just my guess.</p>

<p>The UCs do include 9th grade classes and their grades on the application, as well as some 8th grade courses (many students report algebra, geometry and foreign language courses, and their grades, on the UC application as A-G courses). The admissions rep will see the courses and the grades. The only instance where the grades in those courses are not included is in calculating the UC GPA - which, as mentioned earlier in the thread - establishes UC eligibility.</p>

<p>DunninLA, I’m curious to find out if you were trained as reader for Cal or UCLA, or if your efforts are from your personal interpretation of the information available from the UC websites.</p>