UCLA/Berkeley even worth applying?

So i just filled out the entire uc application but just found out that my uc gpa is under the 3.4 requirement. Ugh. So I was just wondering if I have a 3.0 uc gpa but a 30 ACT is it even worth applying to? Will my application just go unlooked? I’m out of state too ugh.

I would say not, but are your parents going to pay over 60K a year for you to go to any college?
Are you looking at CDS for ACT/GPA ranges and applying for suitable schools? Getting to the end of an application before knowing the application standard would seem ill advised.

In addition to the “won’t get in with a 3.0” problem, there is also the problem that for OOS students the UC’s rarely give financial aid.

If it were me, I would focus on more affordable and more realistic options. There are a LOT of very good schools in the US.

If you do not meet the minimum GPA requirements for the UC’s, then you will not be considered a viable applicant. Even if you made the 3.4 GPA requirement, your will chances at UCLA/UCB are almost non-existent.

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.00-3.39 (in-state):

UCB/UCLA/UCSD: 1%
UCI/UCSB: 2%
UCD: 4%
UCSC: 18%
UCR: 38%
UCM: 67%

Find some realistic school choices.

as an OOS applicant with a GPA below the threshold,you chances at Cal are really slim. I wouldn’t waste the Ap fee unless you are a recruited athlete.

There are tons of other schools - though coming to CA for one would be silly unless your family has LOTs of money.

Good luck