UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@10s4life Are we supposed to get an email about our orientation and what to bring or is it just all online? I havent gotten anything yet and I am session 103.

@letsgorams it’s all online. Google UCLA orientation. There’s a whole site there. That’s where I got all my info from when answering orientation questions.

If it is noted on “my UCLA” as transcript and AP scored received, I sounds like it is a good idea to bring an unofficial transcript anyway

Just learned about the DAR (degree audit report) anyone familiar with this? I ran a report which noted my writing and American history requirement being satisfied. However, the math I took through dual enrollment does not appear. I’m guessing it is bc these courses appear on my transcript not as an AP test. And input would be appreciated.

@Flyingpony123456 Did you send your cc transcript in?

Yes. It is noted on myucla that it was received as well as high school transcripts where the math courses are also noted.

Hi!
Yes, both my high school transcript and CC transcript were sent and noted on myucla as received.

@10s4life I found this statement on the UCLA website regarding DAR. Could this be the reason the CC math is not on the DAR?
Transfer credit?
New Students: New freshmen and transfer students should not expect transfer credit to appear on DARS audit or to be finalized until sometime during the winter quarter (their second academic term).

@Flyingpony123456 If my reading skills are up to par that statement seems to explain it.

Thank you everyone for your participation in the UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion Thread here at College Confidential. The UCLA Forum and Discussion Threads receive some of the highest traffic on the site and I’d like to thank everyone for their questions and insights that were contributed over the past year. Congrats to those who were admitted and chose to join the Bruin Family. For those of you that are attending other schools I wish you the best of luck. Now that the waitlist and all decisions are closed I will be closing those threads. This thread will remain open for members of the class of 2023 to post. If you are a prospective freshman please join us on the UCLA Class of 2024 thread linked here: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2146624-ucla-class-of-2024-discussion.html#latest
Best of luck and Go Bruins!
-10s4life

How does the 5 on BC requirement to skip 31A impact pre-meds who have the option to take 31 series, 3 series, or 30 series math?

@nervdad Pre mess would need to take an additional math course cause med schools do not accept ap credit. But the 31 series is for math and engineering majors. The 3 series is being phased out. Just take LS30A. Orientation will go over all of it. No need to worry now.

@10s4life I just received my official financial aid from UCLA and saw that it did not include a $5000 middle class scholarship that was posted on my original provisional award.

I am going to call financial aid soon, but do you have any suggestions on how to approach the conversation?
Is it normal for discrepancies like this to occur?
Do you know anything about this scholarship or why it may not be included in my actual award?

Thank you so much for your help throughout this process, and Go Bruins!

@CollegeKid2023 Just be calm and clarify why it went away. Remember provisional means that it isn’t final. There could be a financial discrepancy that would make you ineligible for it. If you self reported any scholarships then your university aid would decrease.

@CollegeKid2023 the same thing happened to my daughter and I panicked too . I called financial aid yesterday and they were very informative. I was told that the middle class scholarship is funded through the state of California/ government and their financial aid awards are officially reported to UCLA in August . You will get a revised FAN then . It was NOT taken away . She told me to go to csac.ca.gov or call 888-224-7268 and they can confirm the amount you will get from the middle class scholarship.

I heard that some universities offer a midnight move in slot and that, while it’s kind of nuts that it’s the middle of the night, it is actually a great idea because it’s so mellow. Does anyone know if UCLA offers this time slot?

On another note, I saw that the 2019 admission rate for UCLA was 12% https://www.admission.ucla.edu/prospect/Adm_fr/Freshman_Admission_Guide.pdf

@crknwk2000 I think the latest one is 10pm. But UCLA move in is super well coordinated. So even peak times aren’t bad.

My son was invited to join the second cohort of the College Scholars Program (designated last year as the College Honors Pilot Program). Has anyone heard any feedback from last year’s group? Or any other comments?

@momsparks no but I am curious about the change. If you find out more information, can you post it here?