UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

hi @10s4life wondering if you could tell me a little bit about Gardenia. My Bruin chose a deluxe double there with her roommate vs. a deluxe triple at Sproul Cove. Sounds like they really wanted to just stick with the 2 of them. I’ve read a bit about Gardenia from things I found on the internet from past years and it sounds like it’s mostly transfer students. Do you know if that’s still true? Anything else you know about Gardenia and can share? As always, thanks!

@crknwk2000 Sproul cove would have been the better option. Gardenia is a transfer dorm so it will be almost exclusively third year transfers. Nothing wrong with that, just they will be older than your daughter. A third roommate isn’t necessarily bad and could have been a new friend. Gardenia will vary by floor like most places. It will either be super quiet because the older students just wanna get through school or it will be as wild as a freshman dorm because the transfers want to get the full college experience. Personally, I think Hedrick Hall is the best dorm still lol.

Lol, well, she’s in Gardenia and is excited about more room. Sproul would’ve been my pick, too. As always, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions :smile:

Hope I can ask this question here. If not please direct me to the correct forum.

Math33A has a new lecture that opened for spring. It is going to be taught be a grad student (35 students) as well as a professor. What does this type of situation look like when there’s a grad student and professor both listed as instructors. I just feel nervous about a graduate student teaching. Is it wise that I stay in this class or wait and take it in the fall. I’m also enrolled in math 33B taught by one professor. Wondering if I should stay with 33B
Just confused about which to take. I prefer not to take both classes as that puts me at 19 units for spring
Thanks!!!

@Jojo71 this is an old thread but @10s4life might be able to answer your question.

@Jojo71 I think I answered this on your other forum but I mentioned back then you should take 33a before 33b because 33b uses some of 33a. That’s why it’s a recommended pre req. Grad students are sometimes better than professors in teaching cause they’re closer to the undergrad level. Take 33a.

Hello everyone - just wondering if there is any discussion/plan to adjust school fees with remote learning this quarter and next school year? If students are not in campus, should they be charged with use of facilities (gym, etc) and other fees that assume in-campus presence? Thanks!

@D4Mom: you posted on last year’s discussion thread. Please post your question here:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2146624-ucla-class-of-2024-discussion.html