UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

Hey you guys, just curious as I don’t really know how the scholarship email works. But if you didn’t get one is that a bad sign?

@JakeC23 not at all!

okay good haha! I’m just getting nervous waiting for results. As I am sure we all are

@10s4life About how may people applied this year? Does it look like more than last year?

@joey544 Slightly less people did but it’s still over 100k freshman applicants. Slightly less than 16,000 will get admitted. Freshman class sizes are about 6-6.5k.

@19parent i hear you about too many essays! My daughter is also very tired to writing all the essays as well.I heard some UCB applications got the acceptance package last week even without Regents scholarship. They are instate, above average not no where near top stats. They just received the acceptance package. And I am so tired of all of these guessing games. Why can’t the UCs just align their process and timeline?

@Nhatrang It seems that the UCB MET students received admissions offers but did you find people in other departments/programs that were admitted and not Regents?

@lkg4answers Correct, they are L&S. See this post.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-berkeley/2112225-uc-berkeley-2023-applicants-thread-p19.html

I heard one other person who is not on CC also got a package (I assumed via snail mail)

Wait so was the email I received on Feb 12 titled “UCLA Alumni Scholarships | Application Closing Soon” considered an alumni scholarship invite? It seems pretty generic and I didn’t get the invite sent earlier. I’m decent stats, nowhere near the top though.

^

Would it be helpful to send in an update to UCLA on an award that was received after the application was submitted? It is not an extremely significant award but it goes to D’s major. I looked on the UCLA website and didn’t see anything specific on this. Cal, on the other hand, is explicit in not wanting to receive this type of supplemental information unless it is requested.

@glasshalffull123 Others may know more than me but it is my understanding that they only want you to notify them if your senior classes have changed. Other than a change in academics, once you hit submit, that is it.

@Nhatrang I believe that student was applying for a special program as well. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/21934641#Comment_21934641

Hi, I called the phone # listed on the latest “reminder” alumni scholars email (310-206-0556) and provided the email on DS’s profile and asked if he was ‘invited’ to apply to the Alumni Scholarship or if he only received the ‘reminder’ email because he had registered for the scholarship portal last week during the original frenzy (someone had posted the link to check your scholarship info). Anyway they said he was ‘not’ invited and that anyone who had previously registered for the scholarship portal (not the admin portal but the link including prospective-ugstudents-ucla.academicworks) received the reminder email. bummer but at least it keeps him from having to spend the next 36 hrs working on the essay and application and from having false hope that he was in the top 10%.

@lkg4answers thank you

@glasshalffull123 Ya that is correct. Extra awards can’t be added. Just creates a level playing field since many applicants will get additional stuff after the deadline.

@10s4life makes sense, thank you

is the ucla alumni scholarship app due at 11:59 pm on feb 15? or is it due at an earlier time?

@breeeeee Just some advice for UCLA and any big school. Don’t submit things anywhere close to the deadline.

Do the people looking at the scholarship app see your original UC application?