UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

the regents essay on the scholarship portal is inaccessible now?

Did anyone else just get an email with an extension to Monday?

I just got that email
is it negatively viewed to submit this application after the original deadline?

Does anybody know when regents interviews will be announced?

Seems like the UCLA Alumni Scholarship is important
 I was unaware. I got the email on the 5th but it was too much work so I didn’t feel like filling it out. Does it really indicate that I have a high chance of getting in? My stats aren’t amazing, 1430 SAT, 3.97 unweighted 4.33 UC weighted capped GPA. 12 AP classes. My ECs are decent but I didn’t save a life or anything.

S got a letter from school of engineering inviting him to fast track program. Any idea @10s4life

@gzza73 Congrats that’s an awesome program for top engineering admits. We hope to see you at Discover Engineering in April and at Bruin Day. Go Bruins! Please lmk if you have any questions about UCLA that can help your S decide where to spend the next 4 years.

@10s4life So are you suggesting that he is admitted? Letter doesn’t say. Likely?

@gzza73 In the past 100% of those invited to fast track have been admitted.

To be considered for the Regents scholarship or any other scholarships, was there a separate application that needed to be filled out other than the UC Application?

I heard last year decisions were released at around March 17th? But the applicant portal says ‘decisions will be released late March’ (so I’m assuming after March 20th?). Does anyone know roughly what day decisions will be released?

Cal sent an email with the subject “Feb Update: Application in Review”, did UCLA send one too?

When decisions comin’ out?

Cal’s was about a few students were admitted but your app is still under review and you’ll find out in March. Heard UCLA sent the same one out too?

Get hyped. 3/22/19

Confirmed? How do you know this?

@10s4life how difficult is it to change majors within engineering school?

@gzza73 You get 1 switch. Any major with Computer in the name will have additional requirements. Otherwise it’s pretty easy. Transferring into engineering from L&S is extremely difficult. Transferring from engineering to L&S is as easy as pie

@10s4life
I want opinions. I feel like switching to the art major is a little risky, but UCLA is my top school for design. Currently my major is undeclared in the college of L&S, but I would ideally want to transfer to the school of arts for the DMA major. How difficult would it be to successfully transfer? I read that you are given two chances?

@10s4life and @Gumbymom
DS just received a letter exactly like this
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/1862600-ucla-electrical-engineering-admissions-question.html
(postal mail)
Does this mean acceptance?