UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

If you go to the scholarship portal, there’s no place to submit. Does this mean it’s a glitch?

@jigsawfalling Please read #359

To all other posters. Please read prior replies. Talking about it now without calling UCLA tomorrow won’t yield any additional information. Thanks.

I received both the Alumni and Regents emails as well but now that I understand there has been a glitch i guess i’ll wait it out; thanks @10s4life for explaining it to us

@10s4life , I am not intending to elicit further discussion tonight but I would like to post a question on here that can be discussed after UCLA has been contacted.

Like others, I received the Alumni Scholarship email (and filled out the application) but not the Regents email.

Yet the Regents application is still “sort of” accessible on my portal (it has the “conditional requirements” glitch thing, and I can’t actually access the application, just see the question+description).

Despite the Regents scholarship being “sort of” on my portal, I wonder if this Regents invite email in specific was sent out to the top percentage of those sent the Alumni Scholarship email…as a way of narrowing the pool of top applicants…? taking a deep breath rn :confused:

they sent another email and seems like the bug is now fixed.

@chucko, would you share the email content that you received?

yes please do so @chucko

Changing topic.

DS has not received much communication from UCLA, not even the ‘glitch email’ for Regents application. He’s already accepted by UCB (with Regents invite), UCI (with CHP) and invited to UCSB’s Chancellor’s Reception. Not saying they have any bearing on UCLA’s application and totally understand each campus reviews applicants independently. But would like to make sure there is nothing obviously wrong or incomplete with his application per se.

Would greatly appreciate if someone can confirm whether this is the correct url for status check: https://www.admission.ucla.edu/myApplication/Login.aspx?

For DS, his portal shows very little beyond ‘Application Received’. There is NO list of documents received or test scores. However, it mentions that he will be contacted by email if anything is missing. Is this normal? Other UC portals show at least the documents received and sometime programs applied for.

Shall we be concerned and contact admissions office?

@OneAndOnlySJ I haven’t received any of the honors like your son (and congrats btw) however, my portal is just as blank. I did get the alumni scholarship email and filled out the application, though, so I assume it’s normal.

Also, I have what I hope is exciting news about the Regents application.

I just logged onto the portal, and I saw that my application had a new checkbox: “would you like to provide information to apply for the Regents scholarship?” and asked me to resubmit my general application. Then it took me to the next page, where it said this message:

“Great news! Based on your general application, additional opportunities have been made available. Please complete the following to be eligible for all possible opportunities.”
Then it has the Regents essay question: “How would you go about maximizing your undergraduate experience at UCLA?” in 500 words or less.

I’m a little confused as to why this is accessible to me; although I received the Alumni Scholarship email invite and filled out the application, I didn’t get the Regents invitation email like others on this thread. I’m wondering if this Regents application is open to all alumni scholarship applicants/those who received the invite…?

The deadline listed for the Regents essay question is 3/01/2019!

@familymom - they just say that system had a problem and then give steps to send the application. Email’s subject is Regents Scholarship Application.

Oh wow, I am sorry to spam the feed but so much weird info keeps popping up.

On the scholarship portal, on the “my applications” homepage, the date listed for the Regents deadline is 5/15/2019…?! However, when I go under the “opportunities” tab, click “recommended,” and then click the hyperlink for “regents scholarship,” it says the deadline is 3/01/2019…huh.

Did you email them or is this a mass email ?

@chucko can you paste the content of the email but remove your personal stuff? I’m sure people on this thread would like to see if possible

It wasn’t a glitch. my portal allows me to submit my essay for the regents application. I already submitted my alumni application and now it gives me the portal to submit my regents.

I didn’t get another email from UCLA but I got the original regents email yesterday and i checked my portal just now

Same as above, does this mean anything?

@kerlykerls

I didn’t get the Regents email, but it seemed like I can also submit essay for the Regents.

@sammygrammy -Same situation on my daughter’s portal: invitation to do this Regents Scholarship application (that she didn’t see with the Alumni Scholarship) and 2 deadlines (3/1 and 5/15).

from what i’ve gathered from previous years and this year, im pretty sure that everyone can apply to regents but only a select number of applicants are invited to apply.