UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

correction-rcvd email at 6pm

I got it too

What is the difference between engineering admission and L&S admission? Are there special readers for engineering? I know engineering students have to have higher stats, but is there any difference in terms of the selection process itself or do they go through the same readers etc.?

Lol wait so there were two waves of this email?? I still didn’t get it. :frowning:

@StacysMom24 I’m wondering if emails are sent out in waves based on any type of data
last name? admissions priority/likelihood of receiving admission? hmm

@sammygrammy People with close last names to me at the school have gotten it already, so I don’t think it’s that. I worry it’s based on admission likelihood cause then oops haha. Guess we’ll find out eventually! :slight_smile:

it might be random though you never know! @reinawrites

This is true! fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Before reading CC I would have never thought emails were indicative of your chances of admission

Yeah hopefully it meant nothing bad/good. Reliable posters here said as much so we’ll see.

i think 104slife is right. i think it’s sent to everyone. let us know if u get it tmrw. also check ur spam. My D has low stats compared to all on here. 3.91 uw 4.18 w sat 1320. she does have outstanding ECs and i thought her essays were excellent. But no other hooks. It’s definitely a reach -extended reach-school for her. Good Luck to all.

@peachgirI People tend to overthink especially on the admission stuff. Every move a school makes is carefully scrutinized by the applicants.

Hi @10s4life, thanks for your response to my question about ! However, if you go to this link
https://www.financialaid.ucla.edu/prospective-student/scholarships#495691562-ucla-regents-scholarship
and go to “Additional Scholarships Administered by Financial Aid and Scholarships”, you’ll notice that it says that you only need to submit your FAFSA to be considered for the achievement scholarship
 Should I trust the words written on this website? Please let me know; thank you for your time in advance :^)

@XCBikeSwimSleep Trust the website its the official source. I’m not affiliated with financial aid or scholarships so the website would know much more than me on that end. Best of luck!

@10s4life gotcha, thank you! :slight_smile:

@10s4life Not sure if this question got through, but I noticed that the deadline on the scholarship portal for Regents changed from 3/1/2019 to 3/2/2019. I tried confirming with the financial aid office today, but I was unable to get in touch. Do you have any information about this?

@glitchyintegral I don’t unfortunately

@reinawrites I got the email way later than the rest of my buddies at school and I was got the regent invite. If it is true that regent invite is a likely indication of acceptance, then I doubt they are sending in order of admissions likelihood. If it isn’t random, then it is probably something like college/major.

@caliboy15 I got the email late last night finally! So, yeah, seems like everyone’s getting it, just at various times. Sorry for stressing anyone out haha. We’re all good :slight_smile:

Also, congrats on the regents invite!!

Many schools do it. They send out these emails because they know that other schools are sending out acceptances and they don’t want students to SIR before they hear from UCLA. It is has no correlation to acceptance but reminds people that they have an application pending.