UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@Ranipetgirl Nope not yet!

@10s4life Are ā€œDiscover Engineeringā€ emails sent to all likely admitted engineering students or just to the top of the engineering pool?

@10s4life Thanks

@worriedcat They are sent to the very top of the pool. The majority donā€™t get the email. I for sure didnā€™t as an applicant.

@10s4life Thank you! Sorry, I just saw prior posts now, but you didnā€™t mind posting it again. You have been very helpful!

Iā€™m pretty sure they are coming out Friday 3/15. Not only would this be consistent with last year, but it also makes sense given that the portal used to say late March and it is now mid March. While 3/22 could either be mid or late March, why would they update the website from late March to Mid march if it was coming out 3/22? They could have just left it as late March since 3/22 is not clearly mid or clearly late March!

Iā€™m betting this Friday! Get ready. This week is a big week for me. Potentially 5-6 schools coming in this week!

@MrRobot2018 it actually says late march on the ucla portal! It doesnā€™t say mid March as of now.

@Wintdurr actually you are right. But then if you click the link on the portal page to site for applicants, you get this:
http://www.admission.ucla.edu/applicant/notify.htm

So who knows I guess.

So I have a GPA of 4.31 (not a single B in my transcript) and SAT score of 1440 (790 for math) and I am applying for mechanical engineering. I am an Asian male who is an immigrant to California. I also got the alumni scholarship invitation but not the regents one. What are my chances of getting in?

@Wintdurr The UCLA website clearly states as of right now ā€œmidā€™Marchā€!

@Wintdurr That is also true. But read the body of your portal welcome page. There it clearly says ā€œLate Marchā€

PORTAL:

We are happy to have received your application for Fall Quarter 2019 admission to UCLA!

Over the next few months we will be busy reviewing freshman applications. If, during the course of our review, we find that we need any additional information, we will contact you by e-mail. We plan to release admission decisions in late March.

In the meantime, please visit our site for applicants where you will find more information on the application process. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you for your interest in UCLA. Go Bruins!

UCLA Undergraduate Admission

SITE FOR APPLICANTS (linked from portal!)

ADMISSION DECISION NOTIFICATION
Term Level Notification Date
Fall 2019 freshman Decisions for most freshman applicants will be released mid-March
Fall 2019 transfer Decisions for most transfer applicants will be available by late April
Decisions will be available on our decision site.

@WilliamCollege The only accurate answer is you have between a 0 and 100% chance of getting in. No one has the answer to yours or any other chancing question unfortunately.

I guess we should just try to see which is the most current/updated one. My guess is mid-March, but all this is just speculation.

@10s4life so alumni scholarship invitation has no hint for admission chance?

Equating ā€œmid-Marchā€ to March 15 is speculation. A UCLA presenter speaking on behalf of admissions is evidentiary support. Is March 15 fact? No. Is March 15 probable? Yes.

@WilliamCollege That email has a correlation to getting accepted as its not sent to everyone.

Hi everyone, in regards to when decisions are coming out thereā€™s no need to dig real deep into it. If it doesnā€™t come out this week then you can probably assume it will come out the next week as thereā€™s only so many days in March. Wondering about it wonā€™t change UCLAā€™s mind when it will come out. The majority of the 100k applicants wonā€™t even check until a friend lets them know or the email comes out with an update which will land a few hours after admissions are initially released. Why does UCLA not let you know a date or time? Imagine what happens if all 100k applicants checked at once. It already crashes with the people who check when they do come out. Do stuff to keep your mind off it!

Is the UCLA Alumni scholarship something that you get apply to only by invitation? My D did not get any invitation (that I know of) and she has a 1500 SAT and 4.27 W GPA.

When decisions come out please donā€™t post decisions here. Post them in this thread. Feel free to bookmark it. But itā€™s also pinned to the top of the UCLA forum. Note the decisions thread will only allow stats posts. Comments or questions should be made here. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2129460-ucla-class-of-2023-decision-thread-stats-only.html#latest

@SoCalPops Anyone can apply but some top applicants are invited to apply.