UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

we just had to write a timed essay on the scandal in AP lit i’m-

@MrRobot2018 Or it could be that the school had picked a date ahead of time and it’s not necessarily the one that follows years past and has nothing to do with the scandal. See post #294

Now I might be a little late to this but I’m really worried about my weighted GPA hurting my chances of admission. I took a lot of honors courses grades 10 and 11 plus a mentorship but I’m out of state so none of my honors courses count towards the weighted GPA at UCLA and the mentorship was pass/fail so don’t really affect anything. Because I can only count AP courses towards the weighted GPA I only have a 4.20 weighted (3.97 Unweighted) how much will this hurt my chances of admission?

Ugh I hope UCLA stays the course on their timeline (whatever it planned on). They can always rescind the admission for that extra special dramatic effect!

ucla received like 2% less applicants this year than last so they should be able to make a decision by tomorrow lol

also, when i go back and look at ucla admissions tweets there was no post the day before saying when they were releasing decisions, so are you sure that they did that the day before they released?

@lbm2023 i’m pretty sure it was the day of, not the day before

I’m freaking out about this Engineering email. I haven’t gotten anything like that but it doesn’t seem like anyone
has yet. What does it mean?! Heh. I know, I know. All I can do is wait and see.

How far in advance of admissions do the engineering “invitation” emails usually come out?

@aaamomo3 correct me if I’m wrong @10s4life but I’m pretty sure it’s usually a week in advance

They haven’t come out yet. Also, the vast majority of engineering admits do not get the email. Notice its admits not applicants so don’t fret if you don’t get it.

@aaamomo3 @10s4life so if look at last years stats. 26832 applied, 2987 admitted. Only a percentage of those 2987 will get invite to discover engineering open house. And how many of them are on CC?

I’m a current undergrad mechanical engineering major at UCLA, and I didn’t get any engineering email, or any email from UCLA last year. I just heard that UCSD and UCLA were coming out on the same day and checked my portals.

So it’s looking like it’s not gonna be tomorrow?

Is this the engineering thread or overall decisions thread?

The rumors that decisions will definitely be coming out tomorrow are false. Nobody knows until UCLA Admissions confirms themselves. However, the chance for UCLA’s decisions to be released tomorrow should not be completely disregarded; although UCLA has not confirmed tomorrow as the decision date, this may be a way to lessen portal traffic if decisions are indeed released tomorrow; however, there is a very good chance decisions will be released on Friday, March 22, judging by the new voicemail that comes when one tries to call UCLA’s Office of Undergraduate Admissioms that says, “Decisions will be released by the end of the month.” This message would likely not have been put out if decisions were being released tomorrow; therefore, count on March 22, but also do not completely discount tomorrow as a possibility.

My friend called the admissions office today and the woman said beginning of next week. But she said most likely.

@musiciangoaler Unfortunately, that cannot be true. UCLA never has and never will release admission decisions in the beginning of a week. Decisions are always released on Friday for UCLA.

@SimplyGreat they also haven’t had a scandal this big in a long time, so I feel like we can’t know for sure that that’s impossible. However, I agree that next Friday is most likely if not tomorrow (which I doubt).

How about we hope for tomorrow and if not we wait another week :slight_smile: