UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@college2019bound This is the class of 2023 applicant discussion thread. In the UCLA forum there is also a thread to post decisions when they are released. Decision timelines are not affected by the “scandal” while significant and bad in reality it doesn’t take a spot away as it’s isolated to single digit amount of students.

I only asked if this is engineering or if it is an overall thread because everytime I checked messages it was only about engineering letters over and over. Thanks for clarifying. @eyemgh

@college2019bound Sorry I combined answering your post with a bunch of other posts.

Hey guys! UCLA Admission’s twitter account just tweeted in regards to releasing decisions that they “do not have a set date at this time, but it will be soon.” If there was any hope for tomorrow, it’s surely gone now. All we can do now is wait!

I just don’t get it with all this engineering commotion. If you are that special engineer you would have gotten the email invite way back many weeks ago. If you didn’t then you are in the regular pool and you would get the email invite at the same time or right after the release decision, assuming all prospective engineers are invited. Why would you think you should get the email now? Why would they hint that you are accepted before everyone else? What am I missing here?

@Nhatrang Since the emails aren’t official likely letters they are more of a preview invite. So they are sent the week leading up to admissions. No emails have been sent yet for it. applicants are concerned prob because they want to know if they got in.

r u sure it was ucla admission twitter? i dont see anythinh.

Agree. I don’t see anything on twitter.

It’s on UCLAAdmission tweets and replies

thx. see it! i take that to mean before next Friday-but thats just my optimism coming thru

Ugh. Man, I’ve been mentally preparing all day.

The answer you all seek is probably found in post #294.

3/22/19

They changed their decision date from late-march to mid-march. So most likely this friday.

as much as i want it to be this friday, it’s probs next week. The tweet by admissions implies that it’s not tomorrow and @10s4life keeps referring to post 294 — where he/she says that the date will be 3/22/19.

@agustinaotero Thanks for letting everyone know! You’re right, as this very likely does eliminate any chance of decisions being released tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!

@SimplyGreat You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

On UCLA Admission instagram, in their comments on the most recent photo, they state that decisions will not be tomorrow (March 15th)

In the replies on the UCLA admission twitter they said that decisions will be released ‘soon’. Also in the past they’ve always released their decisions on the third friday of March which is tomorrow. Hopefully that’s true!

Then it’s probably next Mon or Tue. Soon but not this Friday probably means that.

Sure that means an exception from the Friday rule but I guess that they’re trying their best during the weekends to weed out the cheating students. Decisions are probably already available but they just need to be sure to get rid of these annoying people so that’s why they’re making an expection. Just my speculations tho.