UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@manyoptions according to previous years, I’ve read that people have had to check their portal first to find their decisions. Their emails came later. The portal might crash so we might have to sit tight and wait for an email to come to know when we will be able to log on

@babushki they literally already said that decisioms are not coming out tomorrow. the twitter & instagram are their official admissions accounts. what’s not clicking?

I think what they mean by decisions not coming out tomorrow is that their official notifications (like via email or snail mail) won’t come out until next week but I best portals WILL ‘update’ your status tomorrow. They are two different things. So just more waiting I guess. :slight_smile:

@01pabs um what? I already know that. I already saw that on Twitter. I think you misinterpreted what I said. I made a second post to answer someone’s question if UCSD would be coming out tomorrow. Not UCLA…

https://news.uci.edu/2019/01/29/uci-is-no-1-uc-choice-for-californias-college-bound-high-school-graduates/
according to this article from UC Irvine they did have the most applicants. surprised!

@StacysMom24 It refers to the most California residents. UCLA is still number 1 in total.

@collegeappsznnn I’m only referencing my post on 294 as a helpful post. I’m not allowed to officially confirm anything :slight_smile:

@musiciangoaler Actually they had the most California high school applicants out of every UC. But in total, UCLA has more. UCI had the third most.

@10s4life wink wink

https://www.ucop.edu/institutional-research-academic-planning/_files/factsheets/2019/fall-2019-applications-table-1-1.pdf

@StacysMom24 that’s for instate applicants. For total freshman it’s UCLA.

The article actually says that UC Irvine is “#3 among all UC campuses for total applications received” and “#1 for in-state freshman applications.”

UCLA Admission

@UCLAAdmission
Follow Follow @UCLAAdmission
More
Replying to @LandofUz
Hi there! We anticipate releasing admission decisions tomorrow, March 16 after 5:00PM Pacific Time.

Moderators Note:
Clarifying, This tweet is from last year. And is not for this year.
-10s4life

The admissions Twitter said “Hi there! We can confirm they will not be out tomorrow. We’re working on finalizing our decisions and we will have decisions out soon!” an hour ago

I feel like people are thinking too much into it… UCLA is most likely coming out 3/22. They confirmed that it’s not coming out tomorrow, whether or not the account is verified it’s their official Admissions account. I don’t think there’d be a portal update. If you think it will be tomorrow, check your portal tomorrow. If nothing’s there, then it’s next week. It’s too late to fret about it now…

@TheBeyonder I scrolled through ucla admissions and @landofuz’s accounts, didn’t see that tweet recently sooooo

@TheBeyonder @10s4life @noah2425 The tweet is from last year.

The UCLA gods are laughing at us right now

@peachgirI I was gonna say…

I’ve edited the users post for clarification.

Regarding UCI being the most applied UC, I just shared what I heard from my counselor and thought was interesting to share haha. Not a fact or some serious debate was just something I heard :slight_smile: