UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

well… if you get rejected by merced or riverside, youre 99.99999% going to get rejected from ucla or berkely

@BobIL777 There are admitted student oriented tours every day of April. Bruin day is just one day. UCLA spends the whole year planning it and really roles out the red carpet. It’s an awesome event that unfortunately only happens once a year. You’ll have to decide if Bruin day is necessary for you to decide if you’ll come if you get in. Personally if I were in your situation I’d choose prom but I had already SIRd right when I got accepted.

any chance i can get rejected from UCSB but still get into UCLA?

@tweetypie101 Don’t let where you go define you, it doesn’t change who you are and it doesn’t determine who you are. We will find failure and success in life, but failures doesn’t mean defeat. You need to have more faith in yourself! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

@123california Its always a possibility, you’ll never know :v:.ʕʘ‿ʘʔ.:v:.

@123california actually it IS likely, because since all the schools are under one UC system, they may deny you from a school you are more likely to get into but not go so they can save your admissions for a school that you will most likely go to. This is to help the school’s yield rate and therefore ranking

@noah2425 don’t be so quick to assume. I got rejected from UCSB, UCSC, and UCSD, but got into UCLA.

Why is everyone so negative on here? When you put rejection into the universe, you are 100% guaranteed to receive rejection back. Being so critical and pessimistic is harmful to your growth as a student and human. Do not allow your life to be determined by your future acceptance or rejection. Instead, do the best you can with what you are given. If you utilize every opportunity and talent you have, an acceptance or rejection from UCLA will not guarantee failure or success in your life. Instead of focusing on your future rejection or acceptance, focus on being the best version of yourself you can be. If the universe wants you to be a bruin, you will be one. Don’t let this decision dictate your life- it’s very unhealthy.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

@2023elite Fun Fact: We are all physically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually part of what we call the Universe. Because there is only one Universe (Uni meaning one, and Verse meaning song), and we all have a part to play in this song. So sing your heart’s out on life’s stage. ★~(◡﹏◕✿)

@2023elite fun fact iff I assume I’m getting rejected my heart hurts less

Anyone know of someone who recieved chancellor’s at UCSC and UCR and got in UCLA? Is it a good indication?

@noah2425 If that’s how you want to look at it, I’m not stopping you. However, in the long run, always assuming the worst about everything, yourself, and your abilities will hinder your growth and long term success. If you can’t prop up the great aspects about yourself and vouch for yourself, who will? You have to be your #1 advocate in life, school, and your career. In the end, who cares what others think about you or whether or not you got into UCLA. It’s a school. It matters what you learned from the process and how you grew as an individual.

Has anyone heard back from UCLA admissions decision?

@Cyla They are coming out on Friday at 5pm.

The time is confirmed?

@ashhhk6 Yes it’s confirmed. If you’re still unsure I tried a quick google search and one of the first links to pop up is UCLAs Twitter which also confirms 5pm…

Thanks! I just saw it on Twitter :smiley:

If you are accepted, how long does it take for you to receive the package in the mail? (After decisions are released on the portal).

@naturelover757 About 1 week! UCLAs package is arguably the best of the UCs.

Make sure to bookmark this thread http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2129460-ucla-class-of-2023-decision-thread-stats-only.html#latest

All decisions should be posted there and not in this thread. Save this one for discussion.