UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@10s4life Weird question but does the UCLA portal throw confetti if you’re accepted? I just see that as a general trend across all UC portals.

@letsgorams No, they throw confetti only if you’re rejected. ヽ(゚ー゚ヽ)ヽ(゚ー゚)ノ(ノ゚ー゚)ノヽ(〃^▽^〃)ノ

@letsgorams I don’t remember. Sorry. You’ll find out soon enough if you get in tho.

@TheBeyonder Genius.

@letsgorams :)) :))

The waiting is killing me

Hi guys,

I got really excited when I saw a postcard from ucla in my usps informed delivery inviting me to the ‘discover engineering’ event for top students, then I realized it is addressed to my address but it says the wrong person’s name above it (a person named “Isha” but my address is below it). ? Honestly not even shocked, I knew it was too good to be true.

What should I do, should I call the office of admissions and ask them to send a postcard to the right person?

Obligatory stats since this is CC: white girl, 35 act, CA resident, 800 math 2/chem, 4.67 GPA, ChemE

Do the discover engineering invites come email as well or just snail mail??

My DD had the exact same thing as @SG2468 . She got the postcard with “discover engineering” save the date with our address but with someone else’s name. Weird. (She did apply to engineering)

Hey guys, When did you get the mail?

Same here it has someone else’s name on it but my address

@Ranipetgirl it’s on usps informed delivery which means we will receive it in the mail later today

@anya00 Thank you. Are you in southern California?

@SG2468 @momena @anya00
When did you guys receive the postcard? Today 3/20 or yesterday 3/19?

Thank you @10s4life . Assumed it was a computer error. DD will patiently wait until Friday.

@happypeasinapod the postcards are in the mail today (we also get USPS informed delivery email with a photo of the postcard which will be physically delivered later today). We are in SoCal

@MomElena Thank you and Good luck

@10s4life S19 got postcard with wrong name also. Can we call to get correction?

out on the East coast (Philly)…nothing on my usps tracker :frowning: but not reading into that!!! fingers crossed…hoping for good news!!

To those who asked I haven’t gotten the postcard yet, but it is scanned in my usps informed delivery so it seems it will arrive today. If someone could call/make sure that would be great (I’m sick and have lost my voice), but if not I’ll wait until Friday! Also if anyone knows does the discover engineering go to all accepted engineering applicants? Not saying I think the postcard is for sure for me or I got in or something.

@gzza73, Are you in Socal? Congratulations! with the fasttrack email, I think he is in. Good luck!