UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

Son was rejected pretty much across the board for all UCs except UCR but even then he wasn’t admitted to his 1st major choice there.

4.05 UC GPA
1390 SAT (740 M/ 650 RW)
First Gen/URM
Major: Math

Denied & Waitlisted at the CSUs.

Not gonna lie, this bites but at least we are fortunate enough to live in a country where he still has opportunities to transfer to a University and continue excelling. Community College here he comes!

Good luck and congrats to all!

@jojo22 The Statement of Intent to Register. It’s basically committing and putting the deposit down.

Son got accepted.

Biology Major
OOS
GPA : UW 4.0
12 APs (5)
ACT 36 / SAT 1580
Subject SATs : Math II 800, Chem 800
National Merit Scholarship Finalist

How do we know if he gets any scholarship? Do they send separate letter with scholarship offer?

@3dragons Finanical aid should be on the portal. Only merit scholarships are regents and those offered by the alumni association. Very few get those.

Accepted
Major: Pre Business Economics

WL @ UCLA. Does anyone really get off the WL?

@10s4life any idea whether it’s a reasonbly possible to get off the waitlist for Herb Alpert School of Music Global Jazz Studies?

I haven’t received and email yet does that mean I pretty much rejected ?

@RV2019 Only 1 twin will go to USC. Other twin waiting on other decisions but at this point leaning toward UCSB’s College of Creative Studies for Physics.

@catwoman101 We live in Los Angeles.

@lkbux64 That I’m not sure since it’s such a new school. And they run their own admissions based off of portofilios and auditions.

So where do I post results?

DS still sleeping. He’s too lazy to check the result. I’m more excited than him :frowning:

So are all decisions out

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2129460-ucla-class-of-2023-decision-thread-stats-only.html#latest

Post decisions here @WilliamCollege

@Memy123 Yes

I haven’t received an email or anything so yeah
Probably got rejected

@Memy123 you have to log into your portal yourself

ACCEPTED!!
Sat 1550, Math 800, R and W 750,
UW GPA 4.0
Essays: came out very well. I think they are the reason i got in.
Asian Indian Female.
American citizen
Scholarship : Yes
Sat M1 780, M2 790, Physics 770

I applied to regents but when I check the PAL it says the letter as a whole is unavailable (I’m guessing since I did not apply for financial aid). Is that the only way to check if I received the award?