UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@balamreddy Congrats on your admitted to UCLA! What major did you admitted to UCLA ? Any submitted APs and what scores?
Thank you!

Accepted In state l!!!
Pre-political science
4.7 W GPA, 3.8 UW
34 ACT
Senior Class President, National French Honors Society Pres., National Social Studies Honors Society Pres., etc.

Accepted: LMU, Santa Clara University, Boston College, UCSB, UCSD, Georgetown
Waitlisted: U Chicago
Still waiting for: USC, Brown, Columbia, Berkeley

Hope everyone ends up at the school best for them! :smile:

@LincolnsGF Congrats on your admitted to UCLA Applied Math! Do you mind to share your stats (GPA, SAT score, SAT Subject Test scores, AP scores and what kind of essays (good or decent)). Thank you!

Accepted OOS!
1450 SAT
4.2 GPA
major: pre poly sci
Accepted: georgetown, usc, uci, George Washington
Waitlisted: northwestern
Waiting: upenn, harvard, NYU, uc berkeley

@herewebe Sorry to hear that at this time your son were not admitted to UCLA CS major. Do you mind to share his stats (GPA, SAT score, SAT Subject Test scores, AP scores and what kind of essays (good or decent)). Thank you!

There is an official UCLA Decision stats thread where you can post all your decision information. When you have the time, please fill it out using the template at the top of the thread so you can help current and future applicants.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2129460-ucla-class-of-2023-decision-thread-stats-only.html#latest

@BeCheap4me2 Congrats to your son on admitted to UCLA Civil Engr! Do you mind to share your stats of any submitted AP scores and what kind of essays (good or decent)). Thank you!

@10s4life hi, for the official ucla 2023 page, what am i supposed to put in place of the ***? i tried to put facebook didnā€™t seem to work LOL

@wb176220 Congrats to your son on admitted to UCLA CS ! Do you mind to share your stats (GPA, SAT score, SAT Subject Test scores, AP scores and what kind of essays (good or decent)). Thank you!

Honestly I think it was my essays. I really just wrote truly about who I am and left out all the braggy stuff and wrote from the heart. One of my essays was definitely more emotional, and I kept the others light hearted and just kind of interesting so people could see who I am. I think itā€™s importsnt that your essays are almost like a diary- like I didnā€™t even let my parents read it, because they were just a real insight on who I am, and I said some things that I wouldnā€™t normally share. Iā€™m rank #1 in my class so I guess that helped, and my overall GPA is a 4.5. I also played soccer, coached recreational soccer teams for volunteer, and played Varsity tennis for three years and captain for 1, as well as other extracurriculars like piano, and included some other things such as going to Costa Rica and a club I volunteer at at my school. I live in a sort of ruralish? Part of San Diego, and it may seem like I am involved but Iā€™ve definitely seen some other people who got denied from UCLA that have way for of a more involved and extended student profile than myself, so I was shocked. Also, my family isnā€™t rich, but we do have money and both my parents work, so weā€™re really just the average middle class so it was surprising to see that I stuck out! So I guess the best advice is to really just show every side of you in those essays so you become more than just a number. Hope this helped! @BeCheap4me2

got into ucla neuroscience!

@BeCheap4me2 I donā€™t think my last comment went through, but honestly I think it was my essays. I really put my heart into them and had one emotional one, and just each one was unique and showed a different side of me. I didnā€™t even let my parents or anyone read them, only 2 adults so I could get constructive feedback. I even wrote my essays 2 days before the application was due! I think itā€™s important to write them like your diary, and just really explain who you are as a person- without all the bragging stuff. The essays were even kind of fun to write because I got to dive deep into who I am as a person! Although I am rank #1 in my class and I do a lot of extracurriculars like coaching soccer, piano, tennis, and have volunteered for other stuff, Iā€™ve definitely seen other people with more that got rejected. I donā€™t come from a rich family, weā€™re just your basic middle class, so I was shocked that I would stand out! Hope this helped!

@crknwk2000 Congrats to your daughter on admitted to UCLA Chemistry! Do you mind to share her stats of any submitted SAT Subject Test scores, AP scores and what kind of essays (good or decent)). Thank you!

@johuachang2311 What is your regular SAT General Test score? Do you have any AP tests taken and what scores ? Thank you!

@10s4life My son was admitted. I have seen that yesterday you said if they were regents that they would know already. My son was invited to apply but does not see anything about regents on the acceptance letter. He does see a huge scholarship that has a button next to it that says view but he is unable to view it at this time to see the details as to why he got it. Was the regents to be announced on the acceptance letter, or via scholarships. or a separate email?

@HOPE888 - Rather than asking everyone for stats, could you please check out the stats page? :wink:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2129460-ucla-class-of-2023-decision-thread-stats-only.html#latest

Any aid will show up over the next couple days

Just an FYI itā€™s spring break for UCLA students so Iā€™ll be on vacation and will not be on cc for the next week. If you have any particular questions feel free to shoot me a pm and Iā€™ll answer as soon as possible when Iā€™m back. If Iā€™m tagged on a thread I prob wonā€™t see it by the time I log back on. Otherwise thereā€™s plenty of users that can answer your questions. Congrats again to everyone who got in. Hope to see you on campus!

Son Accepted!
Electrical Engineering
In-State
GPA: 4.0 UW
SAT I: 1590 (800M)(790E)
SAT II: 800 Math2, 800 BiologyE, 800 Chemistry, 780 Physics

Admitted: UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara (Chancellorā€™s Invite), UC Irvine (Regents), Cal Poly SLO, Cal Poly Pomona (Honors), San Diego State, San Jose State, Colorado School of Mines
Waitlisted: UC Davis
Rejected: none so far
Awaiting: UC Berkeley

@Happy4u Thank you for your info and link to the UCLA statsI I mainly asked about the stats of the people who are accepted in Engineering and Math majors.