UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

Thank you!

@Milakt1 If you havenā€™t received regents by now then you didnā€™t get it. But congrats on getting into UCLA. Thatā€™s quite an accomplishment already.

Is it possible to choose roommates for UCLA? If so, is there a site to go on?

@ 10s4lifeā€¦of oourse he will secure a spot at another schoolā€¦other schools had numbers so i was just curious if you had them for UCLA

@10s4life Do you know where I can find information about Bruin Day/Overnight for accepted students that are from out of town?

For those wanting to find roomates this FB group is your best bet. Itā€™s got 1.3k more people than the ā€œofficialā€When you fill out the housing app you add each other by swapping roomate IDs. On FB post a brief intro and some pics.
FB group name is ā€œUCLA Class of 2023 (Official)ā€

10sforLife,

My D was waitlisted. Does it do her any good to call and speak with admissions or a counselor at UCLA to show her strong interest in attending?. She has already given notice of her intent to enroll if accepted.

@Positive2019 That should be in your portal where Bruin day invite /discover Engineering invite (if applicable) is located. Note the programs are only for OOS, women in engineering, and underrepresented minority groups. You should also receive an email of invited. Otherwise you need to make your own travel arrangements.

@Craig14w Unfortunately no. Once you fill out the questions for waitlist thatā€™s the best you can do. If anything calling really honestly annoys the admin officers since they have a lot of work to do between now and the end of May for enrollment management. Imagine having a lot of work on your plate and having thousands of students/sometimes parents calling when thereā€™s nothing to be done.

Note if you want me to answer a specific questions please ā€œ@ā€œ me so I get a notification. Otherwise it gets buried in the threads and I donā€™t always read old posts without a notification.

@10s4life Thank you for the insight. I thought that would be the case but several others we know that have been waitlisted are reaching out on a regular basis. She has great options as she was accepted into 8 of her top 10. If it doesnā€™t happen, time to move forward.

A little late but S was accepted! He is oos and applied to Env Sci but will probably switch to physics. 1520 SAT, 36 ACT, 800 Math/800 Chem, 9 AP classes, 4.2 W, 3.9 UW, 3 Symphonies (violin), xc and track 5 varsity letters, really great recs and he wrote some really strong essays. I donā€™t know if he will attend UCLA or not because of the expense of oos tuition, but we will seeā€¦

@Craig14w Haha I would tell your friends to stop reaching out regularly.

Anybody receive anything by US Mail? Or is everything electronic via portal and email?

My son got his acceptance through the portal, but nothing in the mail.

Packages come about a week after acceptance. Pls be patient :slight_smile:

Did anyone get the email about the PEERS program? Anybody know if itā€™s worth applying?

Can anyone give me any information about the honors college and if I should apply to it as a freshman?

@letsgorams One word answer and I stand by this: no.

Itā€™s extra work for no prestige or recognition. Youā€™ll end up with a lower gpa for nothing. Highly not recommended. College isnā€™t like high school where you need AP exams. Also there is no extra gpa points. Regular college is hard enough already. Youā€™re better off getting a good gpa and getting Latin Honors.

But thereā€™s a lot more to life than gpa. Have fun and enjoy college it all works out in the end.

I have made a decision to accept one of these offers. I would like to see if you would have made the same selection. All four options are amazing and I feel so fortunate. I would like to pursue a career in management consulting. Which option would you have chosen and why?

1.University of Michigan Ross Business School I was selected as a preferred admit.

2.UCLA (Pre Business Economics).

3.UC Berkeley Haas Business School Global Management Program (GMP). Also, got the Regents Scholarship.

1. Emory University (Pre Business) with the hope of transferring to the Goizueta Business School.

@Itiznotfare Wow amazing options and congrats. Good news is you canā€™t go wrong with any of them. If I thought only of future career aspects Iā€™d go with berkeley haas. But taking everything into account here is why Iā€™d choose UCLA.

1. Weather. SoCal weather for me was really important.
  2. UCLA biz Econ while not as good as a true biz major has decent consulting recruiting
  3. Fun. This was the most important part for me. UCLA has big sports, happy students, big Greek life, etc were all factors I was looking for. I wanted to go to a huge state school.

Go where youā€™ll be happiest.

Sibling got into Pre-Econ but will go to USC Marshall instead :slight_smile: