UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

Also for the regents thing I think it was clarified to be some sort of tax or verification form. Typically ucla regents is not a separate process and regents winners are notified at the time of admission. Ucla has a lot of applicants and I doubt they chose regents recipients yet. The letter was from the regents of the UC system. That’s not necessarily the regents scholarship since that entity is the legal governing body of the UC system. Hope that clears things up.

@10s4life does being invited to apply to the Alumni scholarship mean anything or is everyone invited?

Is it an ad to apply or a specific letter for you?

Received the Alumni Scholarship invite at just after 3 pm today. :smile:

How many people do we think received the Alumni Scholarship invite? How many historically have received the invite?

My son got the email/letter today too.

I found this.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2125304-ucla-alumni-scholarship-2019-has-anyone-received-an-email.html

Doesn’t mean anything. “Please note that this invitation to apply for the Alumni Scholarship does not constitute an offer of admission nor does it infer any likelihood of admission.”

From @10s4life on another post: “The invitation has a correlation of about 60% of getting in. Actually applying has no bearing on acceptance. The invite emails are given to what are usually the top 20% of a typical admit class. Hope that helps.”

Post in question: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2125304-ucla-alumni-scholarship-2019-has-anyone-received-an-email.html

My son got invite also today. Good to read the prior posts to gather if this is just junk email

This year, it is meaningless. Somebody got it with 1100 SAT and 2.8 GPA from my school, and nobody who I have asked didn’t get it. All UCLA applicants got the e-mail.

Is it for in state only?

My son got it, OOS.

I mean my son got the email invitation to apply. OOS.

My daughter got this last year and did get into UCLA, if that helps. Good luck to you all! I was in your place last year and this last month or so of waiting was the hardest ; )

My D didn’t get the email, has 36 ACT, 4.0 gpa IB Diploma, lots of great ECs, research internships… I hope to Gosh out of the 10 schools she applied to, something works out.

Edit: She just got it at 7:41 pm.

My daughter received the email today. @CindyLeuWho it says “Dear _____ (Daughter’s name), As a UCLA applicant, you are invited to apply …” and goes on to describe the scholarship and how to apply.

My son just received the email invite (on the east coast) and I’m thinking everyone may have gotten this invitation this year. UCLA is a HUGE reach school for him. Like reaching on his tippy-toes!
1430 SAT
4.18 W GPA (now 4.34 as of mid senior year but they won’t even see the improvement)
His essays were very good and has decent EC’s but if invitation to scholarship application is based on only SAT/GPA then his stats wouldn’t make the cut. Perhaps this year they decided to invite all applicants to apply for the scholarship since it is technically an open scholarship anyway.

I did not receive the email, similar stats but instate.

I don’t think applicants need an invitation to apply: