UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

One question regarding the Alumni Scholarship. Does the Alumni Association Scholarship Review Committee look at or have access to the UC Common App and/or UCLA supplemental essays? Wonder if we can/should include in the Alumni Scholarship things we already mentioned/written in the UC Common App.

@2bigkids see post #301 above. Sounds like they don’t have access to the application.

Hey, how much weight does the supplemental questionnaire carry in the admissions process? I received one for UCLA that asked about adversity, talent, and my first semester grades. Does it mean that you are borderline? I know there is a lot about this online, but most of it seems older. Thanks!

@quigleyda Its used to clarify missing information. So whatever it is it clarifies is what it is weighed. It’s just another part of your application.

I’m waitlisted for math 33A. I went ahead and enrolled into math 33B. Is it possible to do well in math 33b without math 33a?

@Jojo71 The last part of it uses some matrices. Its not an enforced prereq but its helpful. You’re better off taking 33a first unless you’re a genius or willing to self teach yourself. Also you might wanna ask the UCLA facebook group or make your own thread since this thread is for the Class of 2024 and is geared towards applicants.

Its early but the Class of 2024 Decision thread has been pinned to the top of the UCLA forum. I will open the decision thread the day decisions are released. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2175954-ucla-class-of-2024-decision-thread-stats-only.html#latest

@curly_goucho: What is first year grade report??? UC’s will only accept transcripts/grade reports if you are asked for a supplemental/augmented review. Admissions is based on your self-reported transcript. Final transcripts are due in July if you are accepted and decide to enroll.

Fall 2020 freshman Decisions for most freshman applicants will be released mid-March

Guys, hang in there for about 3 weeks.

what week of march were decisions released last year?

I applied for DMA. Anyone else???

@anonymous5583 last year decisions came out Friday March 22 and the year prior, Friday March 16.

@10s4life said the decisions will be released on March 20th this year.

Did anyone else get the “Feel at home at UCLA” email?

Yes, got the email

Yes, I got the email on February 20.

Yes. Everyone got the email. It was under my promotional email tag so it was one of their mass emails.

I’d think it would’ve been marked as mass or promotional whether it went to 10k or 100k people. I’m not going to assume it was significant, but I did see comments from people who said they didn’t receive it.

For what it is worth, I’ve received every other mass mailing email, the supplemental questionnaire and the Alumni Scholarship invite. But I did NOT get the “Feel at Home” email. Lol. I won’t start to panic yet.

I don’t think if you do or if you don’t receive it means anything