UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

Could it be possible that the reason why UCLA sent out more invitations to apply for the Alumni scholarship this year is because they are expanding the Alumni Scholars program?

Do we know the actual date when decisions come out yet?

I think I saw 3/17, but not positive.

I think it’s 3/20

Post #139

UCSB is March17 and UCB is March 26. The other UCs have not stated an official date.

@10s4life would you have any info regarding the Film program? – If all interviews have been done or if all applicants have been contacted regarding interviews? Since decisons will be coming out March 20th, I assume all potential interviewees probably have been at least contacted for an interview date. We called the department and they were very vauge, sorta saying that they were still reviewing and that interviews were an ongoing process.
Also asking because my DS is spending a lot of time filling out the Alumnee Scholarship Application – and if it is a done deal that he didn’t get an interview, then the Almunee Scholarship would not even be applicable for him.

Thanks in advnace for any insight

@SLF1836 Unfortunately, I do not know much about the film program over at TFT other than its really good. I think they tend to push close to the deadline so there’s still hope. The schools are also all moving away from interviewing since it is a time intensive process that is difficult to do given the volume of applicants.

For those who have done the Alumni Scholarship application, was a letter of recommendation required?

For those who have done the Alumni Scholarship application, was a letter of recommendation required?

Nope! I believe they asked for them in the past.

^ thanks! Also, does turning in the scholarship application have any impact on admissions decisions? My mom is highly convinced that admissions can see who applied for the scholarship and will favor those people when deciding who to admit. This is just her assumption. I don’t think she’s right but I just wanted to check.

Alumni scholarship is given out by the Alumni association, totally separate from admissions dept. Alumni assoc has no access to your application. So no, I don’t think applying or not applying for the scholarship will have an impact on admissions decision.

Just received an email to apply for Junamici Scholarship. Anybody familiar with this?

@miiso20 you can click on the link to read more about it. I got the email too, but I don’t meet any of the criteria so I think they sent it out to everyone.

My son did not get one so far.

Did not receive it, does that indicate something bad??

Not bad and not good. It may be that you don’t match the demographic that the scholarship is intended for.

My DS also received an email to apply for Junamici Scholarship. Not sure if that means anything … (we are not in mid/low income area)

I did an internet search…I would think it sounds promising as you have to be an admitted student to get it. http://www.scholarshipcenter.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Junamici-Scholarship-application-FR_2017.pdf

My DS did not receive the email either. And I went to look at his portal to see what major he applied to and it looks like that information has been removed? Anyone else?

My daughter did not receive that email but looking at that link, I see it’s for students in College of Letters and Sciences and that’s not the school my daughter applied to.