UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

I found this thread back in 2009 :slight_smile:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/652923-does-alumni-scholarship-see-your-uc-essay.html

If you have additional insights, info or suggestions, please let me know.

Do you think that the at home add thing is their form of likely letter? I got a at home thing from UCI but not ucla

Same thing about additional scholarship? The last email I received was about alumni scholarships but I haven’t gotten anything since

@clairebunny23 My child got both, but personally I’m not attaching meaning to getting the Jumanici since she’s not even in the major that it requires.

They’re not likely emails.

I looked back at my ucla app yesterday and realized I had made an unbelievably stupid mistake and didn’t add course to the academic history after I checked reviewed my app several times. well, there goes my chances assuming its too late to contact anyone, also sucks that I got the alumni invitation as well. However, good luck to everyone else!

@woopwoop101 If you get denied that would be valid grounds for an appeal.

@10s4life could you please elaborate? I would think admin would believe I’m in the wrong. I was going to email and call on Monday.

@10s4life to further elaborate on my end (sorry I was sort of distraught when I wrote my first comment which is why there’s so many grammar errors), when I was filling out my application I didn’t add a course to my academic history, however since it was so long ago I can’t exactly remember if I simply left it out or I couldn’t find a section it fit under (its a math course). I would think this would be considered a huge mistake on my end and if I somehow were accepted, I would get it rescinded due to my academic history not completely matching my transcript.

@woopwoop101 If you get in, call and let them know you omitted something. If you get denied then missing coursework is one of the valid reasons to appeal.

Do we think we know when decisions will be out? I hate the waiting!!

@al3yaco March 20th

I received poor grades first semester senior year and I had to send them because I received the supplemental questions and the alumni scholarship as well. What are my chances I get rejected because of my poor grades last semester? Kind of stressed

@10s4life
More scholarships keep popping up in my daughter’s portal, I don’t know if she should keep doing more essays. If she doesn’t get in, she’s going to be crushed after being invited for alumni scholarship and this last one. Do you know if there is any correlation?

@CollegeMomCL2024 I don’t know which scholarships your daughter was offered, but I did notice that Alumni was the only one of my daughter’s that she needed to apply for before results come out. All her others aren’t due until April 6 or 10, which lessens the risk of wasted time. Best of luck.

Look at the requirements for each scholarship. Most likely she doesn’t qualify for all of them. For example,

and

Does anyone know what time the Alumni Scholarship will be due? Is it 11:59 PM on March 10th?

@CollegeMomCL2024 Only correlation was the initial scholarship invite.

@jjflx123 Definitely March 10th, and based upon other scholarship due dates my guess for time would be 11:59PM PST. Hopefully someone else can confirm, but I’ve never seen a scholarship application that isn’t due by 11:59PM in that school’s time zone :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks!