UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

Yeah, there’s some kind of correlation, but it’s not a direct factor. I didn’t get an invite to apply, but was still accepted!

@collegefresh7364 there is a kind of correlation between receiving alumni invitation and getting accepted. All scholarship invitations sent after alumni scholarship have no correlation

Might the increase in alumni invites have something to do with the drop in fall 2020 freshman applicants? I saw (I’ll try to find the source) on some board the total number of applicants from all UCs this year and it looks like every UC but Berkeley, Irvine, and San Diego took a hit with their numbers from last year. I think I recall UCLA getting like a three thousand decrease. I have to check again, but I’m sure if you google it you may be able to find something about the decrease in UC applications for 2020.

Applicants for the class of 2024: please bookmark the thread linked below for posting decisions. Decision threads for stats are made each year to not only share this incredible accomplishment but also help future applicants gauge where they stand. Please keep all conversations in this thread. The decision thread will open at 3:00 Friday 3/20
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2175954-ucla-class-of-2024-decision-thread-stats-only.html#latest

Does anyone know if the scholarship selection process this year could be different because of the CV? Would an interview still be required?

@typiCAmom My guess it would be done through zoom conferencing. That’s how they’re delivering classes now.

@10s4life, thanks!

@10s4life do decisions come out at 3 pm PST or 5 pm PST? i’ve heard very different stories.

They come out at 5 pm PST. 3 pm PST is the time that the UCLA Stats thread reopens. (:

FYI, my daughter is an alumni scholar. There was a TON of outreach done this year encouraging ALL applicants to apply. My daughter was an alumni scholar ambassador and they sent reps to local high schools to meet with everyone who applied to UCLA and to provide info, flyers and to encourage everyone who applied to UCLA to also apply to alumni scholarship. I would not read into any correlation. The first round of reading/scoring of the applications occurs by volunteer alumni starting on March 21, after applications from those who did not get in are deleted.

Waiting for 3/20. Assuming 5pm PDT.

@esqmom this lady just destroyed everyone’s confidence…
Also this year everyone did not get alumni scholarship invites

@amogh97 Based on what I know through admissions, I stand by the correlation of the alumni scholarship invite. Reps for admissions are usually always sent to local high schools, especially in underachieving areas in LA

Ambassadors that are sent to high school and gave out flyers to apply is NOT AN INVITE. The invite will be an email to apply.

Not everyone got the email. Yes, anyone can apply for for the alumni scholarship, but again, only some were expressly invited to do so by email. I know several kids, some with very high stats, that did not receive the email. They can still apply through their portals but weren’t invited to do so. That UCLA does a tremendous amount of outreach to local schools doesn’t refute the fact receiving the invite in the past has had a significant correlation to a higher rate of acceptance. Only four more days.

From past years does anyone with less that a 4.o ever have a chance at UCLA? Just wondering.

@tigermom2020. You can check the stats from last year’s

@tigermom2020 you might check out this page: http://www.admission.ucla.edu/prospect/Adm_fr/Frosh_Prof.htm

my D was accepted to UCD, UCR, UCM, UCSC, and denied from UCSD. Is the UCSD denial pretty much a foreshadowing of UCLA?

@tigermom2020
My D exactly same, I don’t think we can infer that, but I don’t know. My daughter got the alumni scholarship invite, but there’s no way to know.