UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

Rejected for film prod! I love myself :slight_smile:

Accepted for biochem
UW GPA 10-11: 4.0/ W: 4.58
1480 SAT
first gen college student/immigrant
100+ hours of community service
Extracurriculars: Science O, Volunteering, Part Time Job
Accepted so far: SDSU, SLO, CSULB, CSULA, UCI (early), UCSB (early), UCSD, ULV, Miami U // Waitlisted: Reed, Colby

Waitlisted (forgot to post stats)
Major: psychology B.S.
OOS (Virginia)
1290 SAT; 27 ACT
4.12 weighted capped, weighted 4.4, unweighted 3.8 UC GPA
8 AP’s
Female, Asian
EC’s: Summer Exchange program, VP Future Medical Professionals of America (FMPA) Club, VP Red Cross Club, member in all honor societies, essay tutor, equity leader, weekly volunteer at local SPCA, hospital, and Red Cross
Awards: Okinawa Peace scholarship recipient, 1st place in Japanese speech contest, Smith College Book Award, art work displayed in city fair and art walk, and AP Capstone diploma candidate

Accepted: UCI, UCSB, UCSC, UCD, UCSD, UW (scholarship), VCU (scholarship)
Waitlisted: UVA, Reed, UCLA
Rejected: UChicago, Georgetown

My daughter was accepted to College of Engineering CS Major - OOS - SC

GPA - 5.124 w/ 4.0 u.w.
ACT - 35
15 APs- 4s and 5s/ 1 - 3 for Seminar
Full time ballet dancer, President of CS club, lots of volunteer hours, NCWIT affiliate winner 2x

Rejected!!
act: 33 gpa: 4.15
it was a long shot to apply with my gpa hahaha
accepted to: UCSB, UCSD, UCD, UCSC
rejected from: just UCLA so far hahaha

I got in. In state CS

What was the acceptance rate this year?

Congrats to everyone accepted! Here are my stats, if they can be of any help to people. If you didn’t get in/waitlisted YOU ARE STILL VALID AND YOUR CAPABILITIES ARE NOT DIMINISHED. Don’t let a college admission decision define you!

Decision: ACCEPTED
Which school/major: School of Engineering; Bioengineering

ACT: 34
Unweighted GPA: 3.9
Weighted GPA: 4.51
AP: Spanish (4), European History (4), Chemistry (3), Environmental Science (4), English Language (5), United States History (3)
Senior Year Course Load: AP Government, AP Calc AB, AP Biology, AP English Literature, Physics Honors
Major Awards: National Hispanic Recognition, National Merit Commended, AP Scholar with Distinction, Rotary Youth Leadership Award

Extracurriculars: FIRST Robotics (captain), Makerspace (mentor), Student Government (vice president), founder of an ongoing school project, National Honors Society (treasurer), writer for STEM magazine
Volunteer/Community Service: local hospital volunteer work
Summer Activities: volunteering, college engineering course, mentor at a leadership seminar
Essays (rating): 8/10

Other
State: CA
School Type: Private
Ethnicity: Mexican

Reflection
Strengths: grades, test scores, a strong commitment to STEM, probably also being a female and minority I guess
Weaknesses: didn’t have a lot of major awards, summer activities were kind of lacking
Why you think you were accepted/deferred/rejected: I was unique in my essays, I feel like they definitely showed my personality…

1 Like

DS Denied
Bus Econ
3.96/1420

Bummer but has excellent options. Silver lining is that it made the decision easier :slight_smile:

Congrats to those that got in! You’re gonna love UCLA! My older son loves it!

1 Like

Waitlisted OOS. Bio
SAT 1570
SAT 2 Bio+Chem+Math2 800
AP: 10 fives, 1 four
GPA 4.0/WGPA 4.88. Not sure about UC capped.
Accepted (somewhere) SCEA, state flagship w/ full ride
A little disappointed :frowning:
but CONGRATULATIONS to those who made it!!!

D got in to UCLA, which is her dream school all these years. So ecstatic and happy and we need some good news in the midst of all the bad news lately.

Major : B.S. human biology and society
SAT: 1580
ACT: 35
Unweighted GPA: 3.96
Weighted: 4.5

A bit above average EC

Good luck to all the seniors out there!

1 Like

Accepted international, Pre-Data Science; SAT: 1550, TOEFL: 119. Bunch of EC related to scientific research and visual art. Go to a boarding school out of state.

when do you find out if you got the regents scholarship if you were invited to apply

the acceptance rate this year was a 5.5% i believe. There were 109,000 applicants and they only admitted 6,300. They admitted 13,000 last year

same girl… apparently they only accept like less than 15 freshman, but don’t quote me on that @CindyLeuWho

*5.7%

seriously?! wow that’s so low…

DD got accepted to CS. (Got invitation for Regents and Alumni scholarship)

In-State

Waitlisted
4.0 UW, 4.5 W, 33 ACT
Accepted: UCSD, UCSB, UCD, SLO, SDSU, UW, Oregon (Honors College), Wisconsin, Illinois
Waiting: Northeastern, UCB, BU, Michigan
Rejected: Georgetown

accepted to 1st choice cse! :smiley: very surprised since ucsd admitted 2nd choice :neutral:
4.0uw/4.7w, 1570, physics 800, chem 800, math2 800
all acceptances so far and hoping for one more next week!