UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

Does anyone know when the Alumni Scholarship decisions will be released?

@jam4568 Usually there are in person interviews but those will prob be over Zoom now. Typically it’s near the end of April. I’m not an alumni scholar so I’m not super familiar. There’s a few parents on the forum that have kids that are and prob have more info on that. Congrats on getting admitted!

@10s4life : if the decision letter doesn’t say Regents, does that mean you’re not selected?

Is anyone familiar with the University California Blue and Gold Opportunity Plan. Son’s PAL says University Grant of $2,337. Is this this the Blue and Gold Plan?

Original plan was to let students know by 3/23 but I don’t know if that has changed. They just started reading the applications the evening of 3/20.

@htdbl2020 Yes that’s correct. And I think that is part of blue and gold.

It was incompetent, selfish, and inconsiderate for UCLA to send the Alumni Scholarship invitation and other scholarship information to applicants who were rejected just a few short weeks later. Students have enough stress in the college application process without UCLA compounding it by building up false hope. UCLA - get your act together!

^^ I think that is important feedback to give them.

@4kidstocollege You should really just stop. You are embarrassing yourself and I can’t imagine how your four kids would feel if they read any of your posts. Stop the negativity and be kind. It will do you a world of good. Thank you.

Acceptance is not a pecking order of stats. They do have to like you and be interested in something in your application. We are OOS and daughter was denied. This was her dream school. Sister went to UCLA law school. We are awaiting USC and Stanford. Also a USC legacy but she is very very disappointed.

We were secretly hoping it would make this time a little easier since we are on lockdown and everything senior has been cancelled like prom etc, But it wasn’t in the cards.

Congrats to those who got in !

My daughter was rejected for film at TFT. 3.9 UW/4.3 W and 34 ACT but I think stats matter less for TFT than at other majors/schools at UCLA. It’s a tiny acceptance rate and a tiny amount of students they take each year for film production. Congrats to @pissboy - only person I’ve heard of who was admitted - good for you!

Accepted for pre psychobiology!
So grateful!!!
Accepted: UCSD, UCSC, UCSB, UCI, UC Davis
Waitlisted: Georgetown
Denied: Columbia, Boston Uni

4.38 GPA and 33 ACT

Did you decline your acceptance to csuf yet?

@sunflower2499 thank you for your kind words! UCLA was one of those schools that felt like home the minute I stepped on campus to visit two years ago. It has been my dream for a long time, so I know it will take me some time to move on.

I just want to congratulate everyone who got in, and remind you that you have been given this amazing chance to attend this university for a reason. I wish your daughter the best and hope she has a fulfilling college experience!

So happy to get accepted to UCLA cs. Wish to be able to visit soon; suppose the BruinDay is now officially virtual as the website https://bruinday.ucla.edu/ redirects to https://bruinbound.ucla.edu/

Anyone got notice of Alumni Scholarship? From the thread in 2016 (http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/1868112-ucla-alumni-scholarship-recipient-stats.html), there were interviews in April. Wonder what happens this year.

@user_472982 my interview was like in late february and i got the email for it in mid february. it was over zoom and like 15 min long. they asked me questions about my current projects, why i want to go to ucla + film school, and what are my artistic influences. they were very nice but i was soooo stressed. they said the interviews was kind of them casting a crew for the program so ?‍♂️

Could not agree more. That extra work along with the fact most of these kids are taking 5 AP classes their senior year… very unfair and unnecessary.

I’m happy to announce that I was also admitted into UCLA. : )

Son is on the waiting list. As a UCLA alum, it was hard to see his disappointment but he will be okay.

Here is his stat:
Major: Neuro Science
4.68 W. GPA
36 ACT
+300 hours of community service at a hospital
H.S. Tennis Team
ASB Club Officer
President @ another STEM club
National AP Scholar, ++ many awards (all AP score 4’s or 5’s)

[QUOTE=""]

60 community college credit… – completed Calculus 1-3, 1 year of general Chem, 1 year of General Bio
Started community college since 6th grade.

[/QUOTE]

I am sad and hope he comes off the list, but try to encourage him to look at other options.

Columbia decisions didn’t even come out yet how are you denied?