UCLA Class of 2024 Waitlist Discussion

Discussion for those that are waitlisted. Here are some numbers from 2015:
3,400 opt-ins
500 admits
360 SIRs

1 Like

I feel like there is no hope and so many people got waitlisted lol. Do we have any hope?

1 Like

Got waitlisted for Chem, OOS. I see so many people getting waitlisted that I don’t have any hope either.

1 Like

What is SIR?

Am I reading these 2015 numbers correctly: Among all waitlisted candidates 3400 opted-in; from this 500 admitted later (14.7% admit rate from wl). am I reading this right?

1 Like

Last year there were 7,153 opt ins and 965 admitted off waitlist. I’m just happy not to be flat out rejected

1 Like

I got waitlisted too OOS for psychology. I don’t think there is any hope either since my stats are low with a 1270 SAT and 27 ACT

2 Likes

My son was waitlisted OOS for CS

1 Like

waitlisted OOS for pre-data theory

1 Like

My S was waitlisted last year and got in on 5/26! It does happen.

2 Likes

@10s4life based on previous years, when did applicants start hearing back for wait list?

1 Like

@miichael: May I ask where you got the 2019 Waitlist info? I have not been able to find anything since the 2015 data?

1 Like

SIRs are people who actually decide to accept the offer and attend the school. SIR stands for Statement of Intent to Register.

1 Like

@Gumbymom https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/files/CC2019/plenary-and-campus-updates.pdf

Scroll down to UCLA

1 Like

Since UCLA is the first choice college, can an applicant submit a Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) to another UC campus before May 1 AND request to be put on the waitlist for UCLA? We don’t mind losing the SIR deposit at the other UC campus if it means eventually getting into UCLA off the waitlist.

1 Like

@DavidKinSac: You are expected to SIR to another school when you are on the waitlist since most decisions will not be released until after May 1.

You will indeed lose the enrollment deposit at the other school if you are admitted by UCLA and accept their offer.

1 Like

@miichael: Thank you for the information.

1 Like

@DavidKinSac If you’re waitlisted to ucla you’re supposed to submit an sir to a school you’re admitted to. Because waitlist decisions usually come out after deadlines.

1 Like

son waitlisted Economics
OOS
UC UWGPA 3.8
SAT 1550
10 APs

accepted UCD, UCSB, UCSD

If get in, UC SIR fee 250 for other school seems just icing on the cake

1 Like

@gumbymom Thanks for the information. We don’t mind paying 2 deposits if it means eventually getting in to UCLA.

1 Like

@10s4life Thank you for your response.

1 Like