UCLA Class of 2024 Waitlist Discussion

@strawtree no prob, I’m with you I’m also depressed and yet annoyed at the same time. I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to get notified while not caring about the decision as much as I do now. I’m tired of this whole waiting thing; the fact I still manage to check up on anything new notification ucla might have for me is quite shocking. I don’t know for how long I can keep it up though.

How long has it been since the last person was taken off the waitlist?

nothing yet for instate ,I doubt any one heard anything .

do you guys think that the whole situation with ice and international students will affect anything with waitlist decisions?

Because of the international students situation, maybe there will be one final big wave coming soon?

Still can’t let go my hope. UCLA could not offer dorms for all the freshman students, visa issues for the international students and worsening pandemic status in California, I keep on hoping all these may open up some spots. My student is committed to out of California school and I know how uncomfortable I am feeling to go anywhere, even had considered to stay back and attend community schools due to current pandemic and social unrest.

Tomorrow might possibly be the last day, if not then it’s likely on the 30th or 31st.

Are they still considering freshman students? Specifically in HSSEAS?

What is up with UCLA. Its been 3 months. WHERE ARE THE DECISIONS? Its not like they are going to admit us. Can they just send out a mass rejection email.

it’s been more than three months. we all applied in november. ? i’m tired of waiting

The fact that I keep on waiting for a decision from them in mid-July when I applied in early November…

Hi everyone! The UCs have released their “accepted student” data (https://ucop.edu/institutional-research-academic-planning/_files/factsheets/2020/fall-2020-admission-table-1-1.pdf) which doesn’t seem like a good sign, but it does say that “Data are subject to change”. Just thought I’d share!!

@gogauchos2024 i think they just took down the page :frowning:

@jj6172
Oops. I think the problem was that I linked to the PDF itself. Try this link and click through to 2020 Admissions > Table 1.1 Freshman Admissions by Campus and Residency. You can also check out the Freshman Application Tables to calculate the acceptance rate for each school (UCLA was 14% this year)

https://ucop.edu/institutional-research-academic-planning/content-analysis/ug-admissions/ug-data.html

i just got an email from ucla saying that chances are low and that there is probably no more spots left and to he excited about our chosen institution but if there is to be space, there could be more admissions.

I got the same email. Did anyone get an acceptance email?

Nope I got the same email

Its been a good run guys (after waiting for months… I’m sure you all are exhausted). I wish you guys the best of luck at the college you’ve committed to! UCLA has been my dream school for years and its disapointing to say the least to wait so long without any good news. Stay safe and well!

Do you guys think there could potentially be more admissions if it goes remote, and that’s what they’re holding the WL for? Just a thought

Do you guys think there could potentially be more admissions if it goes remote, and that’s what they’re holding the WL for? Just a thought