UCLA Class of 2024 Waitlist Discussion

@collegeappacc Maybe? But atp who knows…I feel like I’ve been saying this since April—oh wait.

wait guys, only some transfers got it… interesting, they may not have sent it to everyone

Even I got the email, but I dont think there is a chance of getting in. Even because of COVID, I dont think kids will drop out (atleast not a significant amount) because its already the end if july. COVID or not no one would drop out of college a month before college, least of all UCLA.

Also since they talked about “transperancy” I wanna know if theyve gone through our applications and ranked us. Because that acc to me would be the only way they decide who gets a spot if one opens up

in the email ucla states that itll prolong the waitlist for whole summer, how will we obtain our courses then? itll be so time constrained to pull that off, hopefully they mean end of july bc school starts in august.

UCLA starts in the end of September, the last orientation session is September 17th so some classes will be held until at least then.

Did anyone contact the admissions office after they sent the email?

rejected oof

Rejectedd

I’m sorry :frowning: when did you guys receive the email?

@vickyhhhhh0906 @Sosisi So sorry to hear… May I ask if you were on the freshman or transfer waitlist? And when did they send the email? It’s really too bad that everything has been taking so long…

Rejected as well this late into August.
I knew them holding on to the waitlist late was pretty much a rejection so I’m not even mad or bothered by it I’m really happy with the school I’m going to and the friends I already made. Best of luck to everyone as well in wherever they are attending !

It’s been a long road. Looks like there were rejections on the 23rd, but it’s hard to tell what the scale was. If anybody’s still here, could you just drop a quick comment if either you got a rejection this time around or are still on the list? Major would help too; maybe one department sent rejections and others just haven’t gotten around to it. Truly not counting on it anymore and hope everybody has made peace with their results, just curious whether still being on the list means ANYTHING.

Just wanted to say my son has yet to get the rejection letter from the waitlist. He’s going to be going to school in NYC (deferred for a year) but we are a UCLA fam so I’ve been curious to watch the process. His girlfriend received her rejection from UCLA in the last late group of emails but she had already been accepted to Berkeley (first generation to go to college) and is attending. If he was to get in I will defintely post here but that would be more than highly unusual I suspect.

1 Like

@LightLeaks FYI, we never got an email at all, just a rejection in the portal on the 4th. Check the portal if you haven’t already.

A post was merged into an existing topic: UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion