UCLA Class of 2024 Waitlist Discussion

i tried doong but they insisted that NO ONE has been admitted off waitlist. at that point I just hung up

The yield does not matter at all

Your reasoning is wrong here! Other UCā€™s have a lower yield but their acceptance rate is also much higher.

As an example, UCI has a 11 percent acceptance rate from its waitlist which is even lower than UCLA!

wait apparently some people got off the samueli waitlistā€¦ according to reddit

[deleted]

aww i wonder why they would literally lieā€¦ but thank you so so much!!

Have any Econ majors got off the waitlist? Havenā€™t seen anyone yet

@doonglover omg, can you post the link please! iā€™m an engineering major too :slight_smile: !

@doonglover can u link the reddit? i also looked there and somebody got into linguistics and cs, but for college of l&s, not samueli

Son was admitted today
OOS /pre-applied mathematics
SAT 1460/ math 2 subject test 800
9 APā€™s
5.35 GPA
ACT 32 / super was 35 but they donā€™t super score (had to use the 32 because they required the writing section and he didnā€™t take an SAT with writing)
EC- NHS/Rho Kappa honor society
AP scholar with distinction
Varsity soccer goalkeeper/ 2 time state champion
All county first team / 2 years
500+ service hours
Paid job
Business internship
You have to respond back by Sunday

UCLA was a beautiful campus. He didnā€™t think he would be admitted so now I think he is going to have a hard decision. Still waiting on Vanderbilt also.
Good luck

Iā€™m an engineering major in state and hope I get in. Does E/CS stand for engineering and comp sci or am I just dumb? Also I have no clue how they usually evaluate waitlist people so can someone give me an idea of my chances?

4.0 GPA/ 4.5 weighted (grades 10-11)
1550 SAT
800 SAT2 Math
800 Physics
780 USH
Plus ECs
Going for Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering

@seylin4 @anxietyyomgg it wonā€™t let me post on the thread, but maybe i can pm you?

@seylin4 @anxietyyomgg wait i canā€™t pm you guys because i donā€™t have 15 replies (so Iā€™m not a junior member yet rip) pm me on reddit (i have the same username) and ill send u the post through that!!

@doonglover yes, iā€™d love that! thank you :smiley:

Does anyone think that possibly UCLA may release another wave on May 1st? This friday. When SIRā€™s are due? if yes, does anyone think it might be IS instead of OOS or international since oos and international already came out. Well a big wave at least

@doonglover - What information are you trying to share?

@AniAni the reddit post where someone claimed that they got off the waitlist for CS at samueli! but people think that person is trolling, but who knows

Praying that thereā€™s an IS wave tomorrow or SOME DAY before MAY 1ST LOL

a comment on a reddit thread (if you search up ucla waitlist and the first thread that pops up) said a ā€œfriend in stateā€ heard back todayā€¦interesting

@brownvibesonly WAIT WHAT?!