UCLA Class of 2024 Waitlist Discussion

@hellowaitlist how can you be so sure?

I think there won’t be a wave today because the wait list are inducted only based on seats.For the accepted kids they need to know if they are formally accepting or not which won’t happen right way so there should be a break of at least 3 days. April 30th sounds more closer .

I agree that they probably won’t have another wave until at least May 1st or May 3rd when the existing admissions offers must be responded to.

Idk if this is helpful but I’ve just been looking at the number of people who have added themselves to the Class of 2024 UCLA Facebook change and in the past 24 hours ish there have been an increase in about 150-200 people. I’ve also noticed that some people are parents and I know that some of my friends who got in and committed removed themselves from the group.

The question at the moment is whether there will soon be a wave for CS and engineering - which is only about 25% of the size of L&S - so there will be smaller numbers getting off the waitlist for CS/E. We haven’t seen anybody post about CS/E waitlist acceptance.

Will there be more L&S
god I am soo worried

@vroomvroom1_23 there has to be lol. Yesterday seemed like it was an L&S wave for OOS so there has to be more for IS

Yes it’s going to be a lot more for both in state and oos. We only passed the big wave for oos and international students.

do you think there will be more for L&S? I’m a bio major from new york and havent heard back yet :frowning:

There will definitely be more waves of oos

@user_730755 I’m a transfer waitlist just surfin this thread and wanted to ask if you know when rejections for transfer begin? Is it at relatively the same time as freshmen?

@socalshehulk SIR for Transfer ends June 1 so rejections will be beyond those of freshman.

I got in yesterday morning! International student, US high school, didn’ apply for financial aid or anything. College of Letter and Science, Business Economics major.

Congragulations! Thanks for sharing!

Do you think there will be more acceptances for L&S for OOS students? I know that yesterday was a big wave of OOS waitlist acceptnaces.

D got into UCLA Comp Sci but has committed elsewhere. I guess that essentially opens a spot up for someone else! Good luck, looks like a beautiful place to attend college!

@west2east20 are you in-state or out-of-state?

OOS, hitting the decline button wasn’t easy, but it’s done.

does anybody know what exactly the admissions office looks at when they determine who to admit off the waitlist? i keep hearing different things so i just wanted to know if anybody had a solid/accurate answer.

Do we think they’re accepting any more OOS for L&S or was the wave on Tuesday the only one?