UCLA Class of 2024 Waitlist Discussion

@WhimsicalSquid 800?! I thought deposit is only $250?

Donā€™t worry, it is at UCLA! But not at the school my daughter will go to if she doesnā€™t get off her UC waitlists.

hey everyone! I was lucky enough to be admitted off of the first wave yesterday! I just wanted to thank all of you, this thread really kept me going after I lost a lot of hope :frowning: best of luck to you all!!! :slight_smile:

@axepheria congrats!! were you out of state? and what major?

@anxietyyomgg yes Iā€™m from New York! I was admitted pre-mathematics!

I REALLY REALLY hope thereā€™s a wave tomorrow for in states!

@Gumbymom what do you think I should do? I donā€™t want to come off as being arrogant or obnoxiousā€¦

How many more people do you guys think can get off of the waitlist for OOS and L&S?

How many who have gotten off the waitlist are actually accepting the offer?

What time do they usually send emails?

I really hope they have another oos/international wave again :frowning:
And of course for is too!! Iā€™m just tired of waiting, Iā€™m anxious all the time

First wave was around this time. But in past years itā€™s been around 9 am pstā€¦ but I thinking timing isnā€™t consistent

To those who have been admitted from the waiting list, did you receive an email notification about it?

I was accepted off the waitlist two days ago. It was a very hard decision but I actually chose to go with a different school. UCLA is just too much money for the quality education I would be receiving, especially if it is online next semester (they emailed me saying I would still pay the $65,000 if it was online)

How could you be paying 65K still ? Room and boarding is 16K wouldnā€™t that be taken off if the classes are online?. I agree OOS is exorbitant but itā€™s pretty much the standard price tag for all OOS schools except Ivys which are slightly more expensive. This has become too much of a commercial and capitalistic society and education is not what it used to be.

By the way Iā€™m oos and waitlisted still for l&s and urrentlu committed to umich

Hello! Iā€™m an in state applicant, not admitted (obviously), I was wondering if anyone had more details about financial aid. Iā€™ve seen people who got off the waitlist say they didnā€™t get offered financial aid, do things like fafsa or cal grants not apply for people off the waitlist?

they give no financial aid to oos students while other schools, like ivies, meet full need for all students.

Oh my god I just got accepted OOS at 11:17 am holy cow

wait yesterday? congrats!