UCLA Class of 2024 Waitlist Discussion

Has anyone contacted admissions lately asking?

Fingers crossed for a wave today

Didn’t the last wave have their deadline at the 11th and the one before that had their deadline at March 7? They should’ve released another wave by now this doesn’t add up unless

Maybe they already filled their spots?

It maybe the case. However, only time will tell.

when my mom called admissions, the lady we talked to said they’d be pulling people for the next 2-3 weeks (we called 4–7 days ago) since everything w this is so unpredictable

Someone got in for material engineering last week. I personally think UCLA is sending person to person and is most likely full for engineering

shouldn’t there have been SOME movement in CS at the very least? Lots of kids would choose Berkeley or MIT or CIT for CS and a lot of spots should’ve opened up right? I’m screwed because of aerospace and people are probably sticking with UCLA for aerospace

People have to realize that they predict yield. Of course people that UCLA admitted for CS decided to go to other schools. But it’s not like they admitted their exact target and every person that accepts the offer means a new spot opens up. Also, schools admit with the summer melt in mind. So if a school only wants 100 CS majors, they might admit enough to get 115 people to SIR (that number could be 300-400 offers), knowing that they’ll lose 10-15 over the summer, giving them the 100 they want actually enrolling in fall.

@am2007 Completely agree, universities, especially ones as large as UCLA, don’t just admit random numbers of students. For practical purposes they have to model and predict almost the amount of students they need. The waitlist is for backup purposes for most schools only.

Hi All,

My OOS daughter was admitted off waitlist yesterday but she will be attending Cal. Good luck to all on the waiting list.

Will the housing app be due later for those of us who are still waitlisted?

got into Berkeley but picked NYU because I am dumb
in-state
fingers crossed lads

My guess (and only a guess) is Samueli’s limited number of spots are just about full due to instate yield being very high - especially for the popular majors such as CS and mechanical - although offset somewhat by OOS and Intl yieldS being a bit lower than past years, not enough to open up many spots for the waitlist. Doesn’t mean the waitlist for Samueli is over since a lot of kids are still weighing options and waitlists at other schools are still active - more likely that we will see a few waitlist offers here and there due to the summer melt but there will not be a wave for Samueli.

Wait so are L&S waves over?

at this point with may 15th coming up and me still not getting any news back from UCLA. I think its time for me to move on :frowning:

@25Raider Sadly. I think it really is over, but oh well.

I think they may wait it out until May 15th as housing apps are due then

Only time will tell. There was a wave last year on May 25th, lets not forget that.