UCLA Class of 2024 Waitlist Discussion

For those who got off the waitlist recently, did you guys contact the admissions office through email or maybe by phone while waiting for your decision or did you guys just wait? I feel like I should maybe contact them but then again it would probably be useless.

@lmlr01 Personally, I wouldnā€™t keep contacting them. As tempting as it is, they have a lot to deal with as is, and there isnā€™t much you can add to your application at this point.

Iā€™ve already asked this here previously, but Iā€™m curious if anything has changedā€¦ anybody admitted off the waitlist for the School of Arts and Architecture yet??

Also in the other FB group or elsewhere, were there any CoE students who got off waitlist today?

^any CoE people that got off the waitlist today?

@lmlr01 i just waited and i feel like it might be useless to email or call them

@hjsskz deadline to submit sir is may 20th for those who got in today

Going off what @twoheadedshark said, does anyone know anything about the waitlist for school of art and architecture, either this year or in the past? Little brother applied as art major.

Iā€™m waiting on school of arts and architecture too, havenā€™t heard anything yet :frowning: @ambitionsquared and I havenā€™t heard of anyone getting off yet

@baguettintheface Rooting for you! Have u heard anything abt past years? Like if school of art ever goes to the waitlist, when people have heard back, etc.

I am an in-state, L&S, and I got off of UCLA waitlist yesterday at 8:00ish. I am committing thank you for all your help. There is still hope for all of you! I did not expect to get off and I was losing hope everyday. I was very shocked to recieve two emails (financial aid congratulating me and a status update).

Also, we have until this Wednesday to accept the offer

To all still on the waitlist and those who maybe dont have amazing test scores i got in with a 1260. Dont worry so much about things you cant change. I spent 2 whole months worrying over things and it ended up working out. Im sure the waitlist is far from over you just have to wait a little more which is really unfair but thats the way it is i guess. Anyways my point is pls dont lose hope because its not over until ucla says its over.

I have a story to tell that I didnā€™t include in my wait list essay thing. Should I email them or mail them? Will they read it in time? Ahhhhh I really regret not including it because I think it would help a lot.

I had emailed them a couple of weeks ago regarding a recent accomplishment update. However, they told me they wonā€™t be accepting anything after the deadline to submit the waitlist form.

@user_373014 thereā€™s no use emailing them as the deadline already passed.

Does anyone know if the last day UCLA can inform students about waitlist decision is June 1st or did they extend it due to the pandemic?

@riceandcrackers There is no fixed end date as of now. The best you can do is move on and come back to UCLA if they happen to surprise you later this year.

Anyone get anything today?

Nothing yet?my son has been waiting for UCLA computer science .any one here heard back from CS Dept yet any idea when they are releasing.