UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

Thank you for sharing your D experience. I am surprised to learn they would put Actors and Tech together for Theater. Unless they interviewed with different people? Can you please tell how many where in the private interview part of the meeting. I assume all interviews might be concluded by now. Thank you

The Tech and Acting students had different interviewers. They were just in the waiting room (where they held an info session) together and then they were individually called into a private interview session when their interviewer was ready for them. The interview, at least for my D who applied for acting, was a 1:1 interview with a faculty member. The kids were also allowed to talk with each other in the waiting room and my D really enjoyed that part.

Hope that answers your question?

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

For UCI - is there also a regents invite? I can’t seen to find that bit… Thanks!

See my PM

1 Like

So S got the alumni scholarship email, but no interviews. what should we think about this?

So UCSC sent out first-wave decisions last night… Does UCLA also do that or only a few UC schools?

I’ve never heard of UCLA doing rolling acceptances, but I have heard of UCSC and UCI doing this in past years.

SLO is infamous for their long, drawn out rolling acceptances.

yep, they are!

UCLA historically only sends decisions out on one day which has been the 3rd Friday of March.

All, a quick question – when filling out the UC app in Nov, it said FAFSA is required for any type of scholarship consideration. Did everyone here fill out FAFSA if only interested in merit scholarships? We are wondering whether it is a must-do item before March 2nd if not applying for need-based aids.

1 Like

Confirm with each UC since some Merit scholarships like Regents has a need-based component.

We were very lucky to hear from the theater department a few weeks ago and are set to interviewing this week. Perhaps they are doing groups and you will hear back soon … Fingers crossed for all.

1 Like

@myhouse1 Interviews are not done until after admissions come out. They are done in April.

1 Like

Is that for acting that interviews will be for? i am interested in learning any news about theater design. - thank you!

Does anyone know if international students also get the Alumni Scholarship invite email?

I haven’t dropped below an A* in HS, but have not received a single scholarship email so far, so I’m getting quite worried now…

I don’t know if international students are eligible, but I do know a lot of in state students. They also had all As and they never received the invitation to apply for the alumni scholarship but they were accepted into UCLA. Try not to worry .

2 Likes

Okay, thank you so much!

Was there ever a final answer about getting the alumni scholarship emails and indication of chances of getting into UCLA? I know Regents for sure holds weight to get in, but I’m reading conflicting opinions on here with the alumni scholarship. A final weigh-in please.