UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

Discussion thread for discussing waitlist decisions.

4 Likes

Any historical data on waitlists? Especially for TFT School?

2 Likes

Curious about the same

2 Likes

Did anyone get a waitlist letter specific to TFT? Assuming the waitlist letter is for TFT since son applied there but not sure if it’s TFT or arts and sciences or both?

1 Like

2020-2021 data:

Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 14470
Number accepting a place on the waiting list: 9254
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 1779

Still have a chance. Cheer up!

3 Likes

Do you have a source for this?

1 Like

My son was waitlisted this evening. Question: There is a questionnaire he has been asked to fill out. What is more important, taking time on his response, or getting his response in quickly, in case it’s a first come first served list?

1 Like

Honestly both. The quicker he submits it the better, and the better the answers are the better. I would aim for something early next week. The waitlist isnt first come first serve but it does show demonstrated interest doing it sooner.

5 Likes

@10s4life thanks so much for your response. Your comments and knowledge on the other threads have been extremely helpful and have calmed my nerves along the way. Your response here is just a much valued. I appreciate everything you are doing for the community here. Much thanks! :pray:

3 Likes

Please reach out if you have any questions! I check my PM’s regularly.

2 Likes

I was waitlisted tonight at UCLA. While they are at my top choice, if I accept my spot on the waitlist but get in somewhere else I really like, do I HAVE to attend UCLA if a spot opens up? I know a lot of ifs here. While UCLA is my top choice, I applied to some insane reach schools that if I got into I’d have to look a bit more into. Really just asking if this is legally binding me to UCLA.

1 Like

No, you don’t have to accept an offer if you get one in the future. Depending on when you get one, it may have compressed timeframe to decide.

2 Likes

I was waitlisted tonight. I applied as a film and television major, and was invited to interview on March 4th and interviewed on March 7th. Fingers crossed! Lmk if anyone has any advice or experience with this.

1 Like

I applied to TFT but I’m curious if they will personally contact us… I interviewed a few weeks ago and they emailed me saying that their decisions would be out end of march/early april

1 Like

*** and I was waitlisted

1 Like

Hi there. My daughter submitted a letter for the wait list right away. She said she noticed she can edit it until April 15 and realized she wants to add something to it. Is it ok to go back in and update it once she’s submitted? Or is it too late once she submitted it, in that they may not see her updated letter? Thank you so much for all your help!

1 Like

If she can edit it then its ok to.

3 Likes

UC Couselors Conference panel discussion by UCLA

1 Like

They are from UCLA’s common data set.

1 Like