UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

judging by the fact that no waitlists have been announced, does that mean they’re noticing that yield is very high this year so not a lot of people are going to get off the waitlist?

1 Like

I’m curious too. Wondering if flagship publics will yield high because they are relatively less expensive and some kids want to stay closer to home. Covid is still a specter even though the vaccines should be helpful. So far I’ve heard selective privates going to the WL early.

1 Like

It would usually start in the morning and people would continue to say they were off the waitlist throughout the dau

1 Like

does any one have the dates wl’s were released last year? i really need to tell my roommate if i’m coming or not. do they usually come out during the first week of may?

1 Like

I think wl for oos will come out today since portal down

1 Like

na i think transfers will come today. we would be lucky if first wave comes today. i guess wait until 5 pst!

1 Like

Its rolling for WL. can be until june. Like all school waitlists you have to act as if you are attending the school you are admitted too.

1 Like

Thanks to hellothere101111 (several post up thread):

These were the Class of 2024 dates.

-April 28th, Tuesday: 1st wave, all O0S and
international, seemed to be all LS
-April 30th, Thursday: 2nd wave, 00S, seemed
to be LS
-May 1st, Friday: 3rd wave, Is, LS
-May 2nd, Saturday: 4th wave, IS and O0S, LS
-May 5th, Tuesday: IS and O0s, LS, and
Samueli
-May 7th, Thursday: unsure, not many people
got off
-May 8th, Friday: small number, only one OOS
person reported getting off
-May 11th, Monday: small number, only one
O0S individual reported getting off
-May 14th, Thursday: 00S and international,
seems to be LS
-May 16th, Saturday: IS, LS
-May 20th, Wednesday: 00S

3 Likes

ugh I don’t think it is coming out today either :confused: hopefully tomorrow

3 Likes

transfers just came out

3 Likes

i read that the waitlist waves don’t come out until after transfer decisions. so hopefully the first wave comes out before may 1st! (holding back on committing in the little to no chance i get off the wl LOL)

3 Likes

do you have the dates from class of 2023 for another comparison?

1 Like

Same here! Lets hope for tomorrow!

3 Likes

I hope it is an instate wave tooooo

3 Likes

Class of 2023 Waitlist dates:

1. April 23, Tues, OOS and Inter.
  2. April 30, Tues, OOS and Inter.
  3. May 1st, Wed, OOS and IS.
  4. May 3rd, Fri, IS.
  5. May 7th, Tues, IS.
  6. May 8th, Wed, IS.
  7. May 9th, Thur, IS.
  8. May 10, Fri, IS
  9. May 25, Sat, IS, OOS, and Inter.
  10. May 31, Fri
  11. Jun 4, Tues,
2 Likes

ahhh it really scares me that they haven’t released decisions yet… the yield is probably really high this year

1 Like

I worry that is true.

1 Like

i think so because i know a crap ton of people who got waitlisted at ucla, but not as much as a comparable school like berkeley

well they also did not release the transfer decisions until yesterday and they usually do not release waitlists util those are released

1 Like

also Berkeley waitlists less than half of the people LA does according to previous years. their waitlists acceptance rate is nearly 55% compared to LA

1 Like