UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

welp that sucks

3 Likes

Tfs!

Direct from the UCLA FAQ:
Since offers to waitlisted students are based entirely on the response from our initial admission offers, it is likely that we may not be able to notify you of an admission decision until after May 1st. We notify students as early as possible after May 1st, and we will update students throughout the summer.

It’s interesting that they kind of say a decision could come before May 1st but they notify after May 1st with an open ended final date.

1 Like

Not at all surprising.

1 Like

Well I guess it’s time to move on

1 Like

I talked admissions this afternoon, and they said the same thing, adding the stress on, “
If we are even able to move to the waitlist at all”.

3 Likes

I am hoping these are their talking points. Clearly people are taken from the waitlist every year, right? How many - now that is another story.

3 Likes

yeah who knows honestly this whole pandemic has made college admissions so strange

3 Likes

I was thinking the same about these potentially being talking points. I recall in at least one of the UC threads that admissions officers were telling callers that admission decisions would be released “by March 30th” and within an hour results were out. I think they often (and understandably) provide generic, non-specific information since they aren’t authorized to provide more specific details.

1 Like

isn’t this a given? i think they’re just trying to prepare us for the worst. it hasn’t even been may 1st yet. UCLA always has people taken off the waitlist
 why would they not this year?

1 Like

When someone calls the admissions office, do they ask for your name or applicant ID number?

1 Like

@Timeforchange1 they did not ask me for an applicant ID number. I called them at 310-825-3101

2 Likes

i haven’t really seen anyone decline ucla this year so i feel like it could be a possibility that the waitlist doesn’t even have to be used. time to move on it’s been nice ucla :,)

4 Likes

hey no need to be negative

It’s possible that since they received so many applications this year that they’re waiting to move to the waitlist. Maybe they just want to see the numbers before doing so. In all honesty it makes sense.

1 Like

I attend a private school in Los Angeles. Around 20 kids got into UCLA, and only one is going to end up attending, a extremely low yield compared to previous years from our school. Around 7 kids received offers from UCLA Engineering, all have declined. I think people speculating that UCLA somehow has a high yield this year are very wrong and we’re going to see a lot of waitlist action.

9 Likes

ahh my experience could just be bc i’m oos so what i’ve seen is limited to the few people from my state that are admitted and social media. hoping you’re right!

1 Like

Of the 10 or so kids I know from my son’s school who got into UCLA, I know 2 who have declined. I’m sure the overall ratio of declines from my son’s school is higher than 20% as many of the kids from his school are going to Berkeley, USC and Ivys (I’m assuming they also got into UCLA and declined).

1 Like

It really could just be their talking points because on the waitlist faq page it has the same “if we will be able to move to the waitlist at all” phrase

4 Likes

Yea it could be on the script or something

2 Likes