UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

Could you share a link to this article?

1 Like

wondering the same

1 Like

Here you go: UC explains admissions decisions in a record application year of much heartbreak, some joy

3 Likes

Uci for nursing but hoping to get off waitlist for UCLA nursing :pensive:

1 Like

I just read the article. I donā€™t believe for a second they evaluated kids within the context of their schools or communities this year. It doesnā€™t add up for my sonā€™s classmates and friends who were shut out of UCs, but are somewhere between the top 2% and 10% in a class of 800.

2 Likes

The process is so opaque, but I would think they DID take into account a studentā€™s environment, but not in a fair way. Given these 2 data points (small sample notwithstanding) itā€™s apparent that the admissions office took the test blind policy as an opportunity to exercise social justice or whatever initiative they felt to let in kids who in a normal year would have no chance of getting in because of low SAT/ACT scores. When I read that excerpt about middling high schools sending double the usual numbers to UCLA and Calā€¦ well, Iā€™ll refrain from saying anything incendiary, but shouldnā€™t the anomalously high number raise red flags that maybe there is some selection bias going on?

1 Like

I agree that it all feels ā€œsusā€ as the kids would say. I get that every year there are some kids who feel slighted or that they got a raw deal, but I would think

Our school is probably considered middle of the road academically - and itā€™s fairly diverse on a variety of dimensions. I will be extremely interested to see how many of our students got in this year over last year at the various UCs once they update the data. UCSD was the only one that appears to have admitted the typical number of kids. Just so happens weā€™re a SD county high school. Not sure if thatā€™s a coincidence.

1 Like

What do you all think is the earliest they will hit the waitlist if at all?

1 Like

After May 1st

2 Likes

thanks, The waiting is so hard.

1 Like

I would look toward the end of April. On the past years CC thread, UCLA started to pull students off the wait-list on April 23 for the Class of 2023, and April 28 for the Class of 2024. The first two waves were mainly OOS students. Both of these dates were both on a Tuesday. I would expect the first wave to be April 20 (OOS) or 27 (OOS). The second wave may be April 30 (OOS). The third wave was a mix of In-state and OOS and was May 1. There are multiple waves in May and the final wave was in early June.

2 Likes

Last year my friend got off the waitlist a few days after sending her LOCI in early April. She got accepted to USC, declined the offer, and mentioned that on her UCLA LOCI. She was in-state and had outstanding HS stats. But I think that was just a rare exception.

Idk if this is a stupid question but are people writing their LOCI in that box where the you add your grades or are you guys sending a separate email?

Iā€™m still waiting for the nursing waitlist. :frowning:

2 Likes

What is a FYI?

1 Like

Oh it means for your information. I just put it out there so u all know just in case you find it helpful.

1 Like

Is he in-state or OOS or international?

1 Like

Weā€™re instate

1 Like

whatttttt

2 Likes

Yeah it was crazy, we werenā€™t expecting that at all, but it just came out of nowhere. I think he mentioned that he saw another person get off as well on Reddit. So it must have been a really small wave.

1 Like