UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

Hey all, I had a questions about the source code and was wondering if this could be portal astrology. When I go to inspect element, the hit sources, then click “myApplication.css” and scroll down there is there sections about the waitlist and nothing about being admitted or denied. See below the examples:
/for Waitlist/
.box-alert {
padding: 0 10px;

and

div.waitlist-box {
margin: 0 0 40px 0;
padding: 10px;

and

div.waitlist-box-disabled {
margin: 0 0 40px 0;
padding: 10px;
/background:#EDE9E9; / / #DBE0E9;/

Is this for everyone or is this a sign of being waitlisted. Let me know!

2 Likes

I see it too. Assume it’s for everyone since it looks like they disable certain UI features and functions until they need them. Search for the term “for” and you will see other functions that are disabled until necessary. One is “Academic Changes” and another is something called “PPF”. Not bad sleuthing tho!!

My brother goes to UCLA and he tells me me his notification appeared in the upper right corner of the page near his name.

1 Like

metoo. Mine has code for waitlist only.

go to ucla portal then click “contact.” Does anyone’s withdrawal button say “unable to withdraw at this time?”

1 Like

Yes mine says unable to withdraw. But I dont know how to find the source code :slight_smile:

Yes. same here.

1 Like

go to ucla portal and click contact, is your withdraw button gone/says that u can’t withdraw?

1 Like

I really don’t think there has ever been meaningful portal astrology for UCLA, y’all. I wouldn’t devote too much worry to any of that.

1 Like

UC Forum Champion Note: I am going to remind all posters, if you want to continue with the UCLA Portal Astrology, that you should start a new discussion please. Although this is a UCLA discussion thread, we do not want to spam this discussion with speculation and conjecture.

Thank you.

13 Likes

that’s for everybody

1 Like

I can’t find any source code.

When I did inspect element here is what I got:

This stuff is indeed very interesting, but at this point like @Gumbymom said, It is merely speculative.

Plus it said “for waitlist”, maybe it means that IF the applicant were waitlisted, then they will get a certain message to pop up. I also did not find anything in the source code related to acceptance or rejection. I think they will upload decisions when the time comes, and then the source code will do its job.

Unfortunately, for now all we can realistically do is wait

1 Like

I also got that as well. Here is what my screen looks like:

Is it in myApplication status?

How do you check the source code? Also is it worth checking if there’s no significance?

Not my job to moderate but just noting that our fabulous moderator has specifically requested that someone start a thread if they wish to speculate about portals. Having watched for about 3 years I can say that this is really not a thing with UCLA. But it would be nice not to hijack this thread with astrology please. :grimacing:

4 Likes

I see portal astrology discussions as a free gift to the computer developers at a university. If your applicants and their parents can find a weakness then you know what to fix for future admissions seasons! I have enjoyed the game of watching each school’s thread explore the portal signs. It also reassures me of how qualified and tenacious the future freshman student body is.

4 Likes

Alas if that were true, UC Berkeley would by now have fixed their system. In any case I think it would be nice to honor the request above from this morning. Just my opinion of course.

3 Likes

Yup, UC Riverside had the same/similar code for a “waitlist” category.

Well said!

3 Likes