UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

I know someone who got the supplemental request and they applied in L&S for history.

They were an athlete (who is not pursuing the sport necessarily for UCLA and did not play the sport at high school but thru their travel club) and was asked more about how their sport had an affect on their schooling. They took 8 AP’s in high school while 2-3 (math specifically)of them were not from their high school but an outside system (like apex, etc). Clarity and understanding was needed as to why? Probably because in the eyes of the reader it looked as if they were avoiding taking specific classes at their high school and since they did not play the sport at their high school (which was offered) they wondered why?

Is anyone having trouble accessing reddit right now? Everytime I go on reddit it says “error loading user profile” and I can’t get onto the site or app at all. is the overall server down for others?

4 Likes

Me too. I think it’s down.

It’s definitely down right now. Has been down for a few hours.

2 Likes

I think it’s all the MIT applicants sharing their decisions as they just came down. :smile:

1 Like

The “intended major” is no longer shown in the UCLA admissions portal. Could be a sign that they’re loading decisions onto their server or otherwise making modifications to their site in preparation for a release of decisions by the end of the week.

1 Like

Check posts above, “intended major” has been removed for sometime now for all.

1 Like

Portal is back now, no changes.

4 Likes

On a side note, we visited the campus last week. We are from Texas and went to see some schools in California. Really liked UCLA. Hopefully we all hear positive news this Friday.

8 Likes

Friday is so soon, and I’m absolutely terrified

5 Likes

Friday is just the expected date based on previous years, but it seems like UCs in general have been changing things up. Berkeley sent out early admits on the Thursday before the expected Friday, and UCLA has not sent out Regents invites yet, despite sending them out earlier in previous years. There could be a chance, albeit small, that UCLA also decides to defy expectations and push out results earlier than Friday.

Last year, UCLA Regent invites went out with decisions. Different from the previous years.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: UCLA Fall 2023: Transfer Thread

What is Regent

It is a merit scholarship for the top 1-2% of admitted students.
You can read about it here.
https://financialaid.ucla.edu/types-of-aid/scholarships

UCLA awards up to 75 Regents scholarships each year to entering and transfer students and currently has a total of approximately 300 Regents Scholars enrolled at UCLA.

Scholarship Benefits:

• All Regents Scholars are considered for a $2,000 honorarium regardless of financial need.
  • If a Regents Scholar has additional financial needs beyond the $2,000, the scholar will be awarded a university scholarship and/or grants to cover the remainder of the scholar’s need.
  • Entering Freshmen get a four-year scholarship (12 straight academic quarters). Scholarship is NOT awarded in the summer.
  • Entering Transfer Students get a two-year scholarship (6 academic quarters). Scholarship is NOT awarded in the summer.
  • You get PRIORITY ENROLLMENT starting with your second and subsequent quarters. You get GUARANTEED HOUSING (as long as the Housing application is submitted by the Housing Office deadlines), GUARANTEED PARKING (as long as the Parking application is submitted by the Parking Office deadlines), and FACULTY MENTORSHIP is established for every Regents Scholar by the Regents Scholar Society.
  • All Regents Scholars are eligible to join the Regents Scholar Society. You are encouraged to establish membership in this official campus student organization.
3 Likes

Would you happen to know what the expected date (or dates) for UCLA decisions are supposed to come out? I heard it might be this Friday, 3/17, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

They haven’t announced so nobody knows, but many people speculate it is this Friday around 5 which would be in line with recent years’ releases. If not this Friday, likely 3/24.

2 Likes

I hope all applying get in on Friday :pray:

8 Likes

All I can think about is UCLA decisions … the anxiety and stress is REAL right now :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Is this type of information available for all of the UC schools?