UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

The UCLA login link states Mid-December when you should recieve instructions. UCLA myApplication Status

2 Likes

Some Preliminary Waitlist and Appeal data for Fall 2022 from the UC Counselor conference.

Waitlist offers: 16070
Waitlist opt ins: 11169
Waitlist admits: 372

Appeals submitted: 1391
Appeals granted: 25

I will be starting a separate discussion thread in February 2023 prior to decisions where I will include more information and previous years data.

2 Likes

UCLA Admissions tweeted yesterday. Check your email.

Attention fall 2023 applicants! Your UCLA application portal is now available!

Hmm, no email in my son’s inbox. Did others receive it?

1 Like

My son got his the day before yesterday, and he applied on the 27th. People on Reddit were saying to be sure to check your spam because many of the UCLA portal emails were winding up there. Might want to double-check.

Can he log onto his portal?

I’m curious if it is an actual portal like other schools have. In the past, UCLA didn’t have a portal. It was just a place to check the status of your application.

How would he log on to his portal if he hasn’t received the portal email?

The email is not in his inbox or spam. Hmm.

Click the link in the tweet

3 Likes

I applied as a maths major (primary) and physics major (secondary) in college of physical sciences. Does that put me at any disadvantage for both UCLA and UCB?

Since your question was posted in the UCLA discussion section of CC, you can find this on the UCLA website.

For freshmen applying to a major in the College, your choice of major will neither help nor hurt your prospects for admission. The UC application allows you to choose an alternate major, but we only guarantee the review of first-choice majors.

This is the first year that UCB has offered an option for second choice majors.

1 Like

right thank you

It lists his basic information and says “Application Status: Application received,” along with a short explanatory note from Admissions.

1 Like

This is the email that my son received:

We are happy to have received your application for Fall 2023 admission to UCLA! Should you wish to check the status of your application, please visit www.admission.ucla.edu/MyApplication.

We look forward to reviewing your application and appreciate your interest in UCLA.

Go Bruins!

You can click the link and login using the application ID that you received when you submit the UC application

Thanks to @trisip8178 and @lkg4answers we were able to log in and see that the application was received by UCLA. It looks like it is just an application status check, there isn’t an individual portal that needs to be set up (unlike other schools). Thanks!

2 Likes

Glad you were able to log on.

In my opinion, this “portal” is one of UCLA’s weaknesses. They send a ton of marketing emails before admissions decisions are announced and it would be easy to add a little marketing or hype to this application status page. My student decided against UCLA and I think the feeling that she was just another number contributed to that.

Another weakness is, after acceptances are announced, a student has to climb through a series of hoops (setting up an account with two step authentication, etc) to view their financial aid and scholarships. It is much more convoluted and difficult than at the other UCs.

3 Likes

Mine got hers yesterday finally ! All is Well! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Daughter got hers as well. It was in the SPAM folder.

2 Likes

Not much will be on the portal until decision time third Friday of March.

Is it true that UCLA and UC Berkeley do not offer spots to the same students? If you receive admission to one, highly unlikely, you will be offered a sport by the other. Is that correct?

Not true. Each UC evaluates your application independently, without regard for where else you will or won’t be accepted. UCLA and Berkeley have their own attributes that they look for. Sometimes students’ applications appeal to both schools but, often, they appeal to one but not the other.

5 Likes