UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

First off, big thanks to @Gumbymom @lkg4answers @tamagotchi and all the forum champs here on CC for being extremely supportive and helpful in providing so much valuable information over the past 4 years. You all were very kind and helpful for our S19 (now in his fourth year at UCLA) and still continue to positively impact our child today. Please accept my heartfelt thank you!!!

D23 accepted!
Neuroscience
OOS–bleeding Californians, heart and on paper.
4.0UW
4.6 UC WGPA (10th-11th, fully weighted using RogerHub)
16 years APs
28 years a-g classes
Editor-in-Chief, founded two large clubs, varsity, part-time job, city volunteer award, 4th-gen college student, no hooks.

7 Likes

anyone gets Regents/scholarships?

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/ucla-freshman-class-of-2027-waitlist-appeal-thread/

4 Likes

UCLA waitlists based on your primary major.

2 Likes

My son also going to UT Austin OOS. OOS for UCLA and didn’t get in. UT is a big win. Best of luck !

2 Likes

My twin boys BOTH got accepted we are over the moon

13 Likes

My daughter got accepted for DMA.It is her dream school for her major.She started crying the day before getting stressed thinking about the decisions.So happy for her.

My son got waitlisted for Data theory.

3 Likes

Should my daughter have heard something by now regardless of decision?

1 Like

Yes, did she check the UCLA application status portal?

That sounds very exciting. Congratulations! :bear::yellow_heart::blue_heart:

Decision: WAITLISTED
Merit scholarships awarded (if any):
Major (and division if applicable) applied to: SOCIOLOGY

ACADEMIC STATS::
UC Unweighted GPA: 4.0
UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.27
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.33
ELC (top 9% CA HS): Yes, both

Comments about course load (including senior year):
Number of a-g courses: 39
Number of UC Approved Honors courses:none at HS
Number of AP courses/exams (scores in parentheses): 9 , 2 DE
Number of IB courses/exams (score in parentheses):n/a

Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): Regional Music awards, National Merit-Commended

SUBJECTIVE::

Extracurriculars: Music (Leadership)

Job/Work Experience:

Volunteer/Community service:

Summer Activities:

Personal Insight essays (details):

Supplemental/Augmented Review: No

DEMOGRAPHICS::

State/location of HS (if domestic applicant): CA, El Dorado County

Country (if international applicant):

Applied for need-based financial aid NO

First Generation: NO

REFLECTION::

Strengths: Commitment to music

Weaknesses:

Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/denied: Accepted: SDSU (early), Cal Poly, UC Davis, Utah (Honors), Arizona (Honors), Colorado Boulder (Honors), Oregon (Clark Honors), UMass Amherst (Honors), MSU (Honors), UW
Waitlisted: UCI

Rejected at UCLA, got into UC San Diego- Marshall College.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I assume so. I’m out of town and she’s ignoring my questions which is not a good sign. She got rejected at UCI yesterday.

Wow, yesterday was very stressful for so many children and parents! My very best wishes go out to those who were disappointed with their decisions. Our daughter was lucky enough to be accepted yesterday. Here are her stats:

Decision: Accepted
No scholarships
Major: Bioengineering

ACADEMIC STATS::
UC Unweighted GPA: 4.0
UC Capped Weighted GPA: Don’t know
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.64
ELC (top 9% CA HS): Yes
Class Rank: 3/549. Large public high school in a mid-size Central Valley city

COURSE LOAD:
Number of UC Approved Honors courses: 4
Number of AP courses/exams: 5
Dual Enrollment Community College courses: 8

MAJOR AWARDS: Science Olympiad regional winner, Varsity Soccer league MVP, Track and Field Section Finalist, Film Festival short film winner

SUBJECTIVE::

Extracurriculars: Very strong athlete - club and high school soccer and track and field, executive producer of school’s TV station, helped found a neat club based on sharing design principles

Job/Work Experience: None

Volunteer/Community service: Soccer coach

Summer Activities: Loaded up on summer school at local community college

Personal Insight essays (details): Very strong. Focused on her mixed race heritage and how the different cultures have shaped her.

DEMOGRAPHICS::

State/location of HS: CA, Central Valley

Applied for need-based financial aid: NO

First Generation: NO

REFLECTION::

Strengths: Commitment to music

Weaknesses:

Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/denied:
Accepted: Cal Poly SLO, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC San Diego, Pepperdine, Occidental, Santa Clara, San Jose St, Sonoma St, Southern Utah
Waitlisted: UW
Rejected: Penn - early decision rejection - this kind of crushed her and scared her away from reaching for several schools she was really interested in (Brown, U of Chicago, Stanford). She wishes she had applied now.

3 Likes

Daughter Accepted :slight_smile:
Major - Psychobiology
In State
#3 out of ~300 students
UWGPA - 3.83
UC GPA 4.17
WGPA - 4.60
9 JC Classes (3.8 GPA)
4 AP
8 Honors
First-year college student - Yes
Worked with mom cleaning houses
Very Strong PIQ - Born in Poland. Lived in 3 countries. Learned English starting at 7. Went to Poland last summer to help the Ukrainian refugees. Suffered major trauma as a child. Volleyball team captain. Tutors other kids since Freshman.

Accepted - UCLA, UCD, UCSD, UCSC
Rejected - UCI
Waiting - UCSB

She had a bad semester at beginning of her Junior year due to Covid return to school shock and a family traumatic event. She got a C in an AP class and 2 B’s in her JC classes. She recovered and got all A’s the next semester. She didn’t submit any AP scores as she got bad scores on all due to poor instruction during Covid. She also attends a Title 1 school, but I am not sure if that matters or not. She also serves on her school Site Council representing the students.

3 Likes

Did UCLA send emails? We saw the acceptance in the portal, but seems odd that there was no email. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi, does this apply for Letters and Science?

Agree

Please what’s the meaning of ECs?

Although they do not admit by major in L&S, if accepted off the waitlist, you will be admitted into the primary major stated on your UC application.

2 Likes