UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

I am so glad I followed this forum! Both my sons didn’t pay attention to the email from ucla. I’m having them complete the form asap!

3 Likes

Is there a form to complete on UC portal after submitting the application?

To apply - have to write an essay. Didn’t see a form. I think this scholarship is not from ucla so wouldn’t be part of the portal.

2 Likes

It was a link from an email they sent. I don’t think it’s on the portal.

Here is more information:

1 Like

I think there is a “scholarships” tab in the portal that has info and the links to what you can apply for (including the alumni scholarship). You don’t have to have gotten the email to apply.

3 Likes

Yes correct. It is open to everyone to who wishes to apply.

I am very worried if AP exam is replaced SAT exam.
Before SAT wasn’t removed, AP exam score wasn’t important.

1 Like

Possible. But they shouldn’t accept a 3 for credit if they’re being that reliant upon them. (Other schools accept only 4s or 5s.) I mean, they still could hold a 3 against a student, but would be odd to do so if they accept them.

In the past, UCLA has stated that AP exam scores are considered in their application review. They are not a replacement for SAT/ACT test scores but AP exam scores can give greater context to the AP course grade.

Has anyone not yet received their portal login info? I am sure with all the applications they get this is a real challenge! We haven’t gotten UCI or UCLA yet…

check the spam folder, our UCLA email was in there.

Our daughter’s was also found in the “promotions” tab in gmail, I think – good to remind our kids to check those tabs.

1 Like

Hi yes, I checked his tabs…double checked to be sure after he said it wasn’t there…and promotions too. Nothing. sounds like I need to reach out to admissions:)

1 Like

UCLA has an application portal to check status which is different than the admitted student portal. All you need is name, UC application ID, Date of birth and City of Birth.

2 Likes

That’s a good point – the UCLA “portal” is different from all the other UC ones, if I remember right – you basically just need your UC app ID and the link. My memory was of lots of kids being irritated on the date that decisions came out because they had to go back and try to look up their UC app ID :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you for the help! I should know this it is my second kid, doing the same thing!

3 Likes

Here is UCLA portal.

1 Like

does the student need to have both the application portal and the admitted student portal? my son said he found the email link for the admitted student portal in spam, and that the link expired. he thought maybe it didn’t matter since he can still check the application portal instead?

All you need is the link in the post directly above your reply

2 Likes