UCLA Fall 2023: Transfer Thread

Hey Thanks for starting the thread!

Major: applied as Art History (if accepted will petition to double w/ Studio arts)
GPA: 4.0
TAP + Alternate Major: No tap or alternate
#of pre-requisites completed by Fall prior: all, As
Extracurriculars: Run a small business and a paid SI Coach for my junior college, tutoring students in Political Science
IGETC status: complete except language which I will take in the spring.
Golden 4s: Complete with all As

In-state/OOS/International: In State
School Type: CCC
Income Bracket: middle class
Other (strengths, weaknesses, hooks,): Double major with ADT, which gives me three AA degrees by spring of 2023. I am a returning adult student with aims at teaching college Art History and Studio Art.

Ty for the thread!

Major: Pre-Psychology
GPA: 3.8
TAP + Alternate Major: Yes, pre-sociology as alt major
Extracurriculars: President of LEO Club, participating in dance program at my CC, volunteered as a TA for a summer enrichment/extended school year program for regular curriculum/special ed elementary students, work 20 hours a week during the school year and summer, had a job in math tutoring then a barista job
IGETC status: Will be completed by Spring 2023

In-state/OOS/International?: In-state (not local tho, from the Bay Area)
School Type: CCC (California Community College)
Income Bracket: Middle Class
Other (Strengths, weaknesses, hooks, etc.): I got one W on my transcript as I dropped a class during Fall 2022, also got Ds during highschool but my overall highschool GPA was >3.5, also trying to do a 1-year CC transfer! I completed a lot of credits in HS through dual enrollment, AP classes, and taking CC classes during the summer so I have a big head start on transferring :star_struck:
Where else did you apply/TAG?: UC Irvine (TAG), UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, UC Riverside, and UC Davis

Also, if anyone also applied to UC Irvine as a transfer for Fall 2023, I created a thread! Feel free to add any updates and stats :grin:

1 Like

Hi everyone! Feeling a bit anxious for admission season so I thought I’d hop in

Major: Political Science

GPA: 3.83

TAP + Alternate Major: Yes, alt major is History

#of pre-requisites completed by Fall prior: All

Extracurriculars: Worked on a political campaign & work experience in restaurants, nothing else. Listed my college’s honor’s program in the EC section of the application if that counts.

IGETC status: Completing in Spring

In-state/OOS/International: In-state

Income Bracket: Upper middle class

Other (strengths, weaknesses, hooks,): Okay essays, was a really poor student in high school & didn’t go to college for 2 years. Main weakness in terms of my transcript is my C in Statistics which has made me feel anxious about admission decisions. Rest are all straight A’s though + honors classes included.

Hey guys, just wanted to come on here and give you guys some context! I applied to transfer fall 2022 and was a molecular cell bio major, upward trend. I had a 3.56 gpa, no TAP. I was waitlisted in April. I accepted the waitlist, but chose not to do the essay portion because I was lazy to but it does help to cushion your app a little more. However, I was accepted in June. Hope that helps a little :))

5 Likes

Update, my GPA was 3.91 when i wrote that, now it’s 3.76. Oh well…

Major: European languages and transcultural studies with French and Francophone
GPA: 3.87
TAP+Alt Major: No TAP (but is offered at my school), Art History
Pre-Reqs: No community college in my area has all of the pre-reqs for my intended major, but one has an intro French sequence, called UCLA to touch bases said it was ok. (Studied French all of high school, earned a seal of fluency and lived in Paris). All pre-reqs for alt major completed.
EXT: Intern at local history museum, lived in France, was in the military, part of a Mellon-sponsored academic program, professor-picked tutor for English.
IGETC: Completed
In State
Income Bracket: Low, earning Pell Grant
I really don’t think I’ll get in :((((((

Major: European Languages and Transcultural Studies with German
GPA: 4.00
TAP + Alternate Major: No Tap, Alt Major is Linguistics and English
#of pre-requisites completed by Fall prior: No Pre-Reqs listed for major but will complete 4th semester of German, took all 4 years in HS, seal of biliteracy, passed AP test
Extracurriculars: Digital Marketing Intern, Beach Clean Up Volunteer, Podcast, and other social media ECs
IGETC status: Complete in Spring 2023

In-state/OOS/International: In State
Income Bracket: Middle Class
Other (strengths, weaknesses, hooks,): Completed transfer requirements in one year, 5 summer classes, LGBTQ, ECs related to my career goals in Journalism

hii i got a request for an unofficial transcript with my fall classes via email on friday- anyone else??

What major did you apply for UCLA Transfer Fall 2023? Are you transfer from CA Community College with more than 60 semester units and completed IGETC?

Im business econ and no Im from private out of state school

Since you are from private out of state school, probably they might want to see which transferable courses you have taken and also fulfill the minimum major requirement courses, for your case, business econ.

Hey everyone!

I’m a fellow transfer applicant for UCLA’s film school. Are there any other UCLA film transfers or transfers who wouldn’t mind reading my submitted essays?

I know the process has already started, I’m just curious to hear others feedback.

Thank you!

A post was merged into an existing topic: UC Berkeley Fall 2023 Transfer Thread

As a UCLA applicant, you are invited to apply for one of the university’s oldest and most prestigious scholarships offered by the Alumni Scholarships Program.

This is an opportunity to be considered for a merit-based scholarship ranging from $6,000 to $20,000 and to be a member of the esteemed Alumni Scholars Club. Students who receive Alumni Scholarships automatically become members of the Alumni Scholars Club (ASC). Under the umbrella of the UCLA Alumni Association, ASC functions like a student club, but with many more professional development opportunities. These include general quarterly meetings, alumni mentorship, community and UCLA service projects, mixers and social activities, career and leadership workshops, and networking opportunities with alumni.

Please note that this invitation to apply for the Alumni Scholarship does not constitute an offer of admission nor does it infer any likelihood of admission. UCLA’s Financial Aid and Scholarships Office will select the recipients after an initial evaluation by the Alumni Association Scholarship Review Committee. The first round of Alumni Scholarship winner notifications will be included on the Provisional Award Letter with the release of Admission Decisions. Further Alumni Scholarships will continue to be offered to incoming students throughout the summer.

The Alumni Scholarship Application can be found on the UCLA Prospective Undergraduate Scholarship Portal

Deadline to apply: March 2, 2023

We look forward to receiving your application.

Go Bruins!

Email_signature_137.jpg

Not sure why you are posting this in the UC Davis Transfer thread but if it is a mistake I will move to the correct discussion thread. Transfer or Freshman???

I am a transfer student, I have a 4.0 GPA, and I also received an invitation to apply for a scholarship in February. Is it also ready to send me an offer?

An invitation to apply for the Alumni scholarship does not mean an offer of admission. An Invitation for Regents, constitutes an offer of admission.

Thank you, you are a professional.