UCLA Fall 2023: Transfer Thread

package delivery services

1 Like

Transfer results will be released on April 26th.

4 Likes

Hi Cafo.

Your major sounds so interesting. I often thought about working as a person in Human Resources. Does that fall under public affairs in some way?

Hi! I applied for MCDB this year and I have a question if you don’t mind. I have a ~3.94 GPA and will complete all my PreReqs by Spring but I‘m doing like 4 of them rn lol (Stats, Calc 3, 3rd semester of Physics, and physiology). Did you still have PreReqs left in the Spring?Cause ppl are telling me I should’ve done then earlier :confused: Anyways, congrats on getting in!

You’re cutting it close. But you have a 3.94, so the admissions committee would have a pretty good notion that you will perform well this spring. Prereqs offered at your CC (or another CC) should be completed before you transfer. You should be good.

1 Like

Hi Treehousefun95!
I am not one hundred percent sure if a public affairs major would cover human resources (would need to do some searching) - however, I feel it would probably be the closest major to cover human resource management. The Luskin school website says that a public affairs BA would prepare students for public, private, and non-profit work such as law, politics, business and management, social sciences, public policy, and a few more career paths - so I feel that w/ business + management, public affairs would probably fit HR! I chose Public Affairs because I want to center around social welfare and public policy work in the future, and felt that this was the closest bachelor’s degree to achieve that. It’s a pretty universal degree for public relations/health.

Major: Linguistics
GPA: 4.0 when I applied, 3.95 after the winter quarter
TAG or Alternate Major: Labor Studies is my alternate major
Extracurriculars:

• Two Fellowship terms with a well-known education non-profit helping students in low-income areas with developing phonetical awareness. Received a conditional offer for the past fall, however, declined due to my work hours.
  • Past and current jobs, working 30 hours a week
  • Apart from an alumni-mentorship program for my past highschool
  • Apart from my college’s psychology club
  • Weightlifting trainer (casually)
  • Music Production
  • Language learner :))

IGETC status: Complete by the end of the winter quarter.
In-state/OOS/International: In-state
School Type: California Community College
Income Bracket: Low-income
Other (strengths, weaknesses, hooks,): Invited for Regents at Davis

1 Like

Does anyone here think I have a good shot at UCLA? Been so nervous this month haha

Honestly your stats look fantastic and congrats on your hard work.

It’s really a toss in the dark because I’ve seen great stats get in, get Waitlist or rejected :woman_shrugging:t3:
But they’ve all survived it and so will we :blush:

I hope you make it!! You’ve worked really hard!

did you apply to UCR?

@Cafo Well, I think it sounds like a great career choice. Plus, you seem super passionate about it so that helps!

I didn’t. I applied to UCB, UCLA, UCD, UCI, UCSD, and UCSB

1 Like

Hello guys. Hope you are doing well. I am a student at USC, but trying to transfer to UCLA or UCSD. I am a pre-med, and I have been working so hard this past two years. Here are my stats. Let me know if you have any questions.
Major: Biological Sciences
GPA: 4.0
Alternate Major: Physiology
#of pre-requisites completed by Fall prior: All of them
Extracurriculars:
Clinical Research Assistant at UCSD School of Medicine Orthopedics Department(published a paper and presented it at Western Medical Research Conference).
Department Coordinator and hospital scholar at COPE SCHOLARS MLKCH(soon will be 280 hrs)
Hospital volunteer indirect patient interaction(220 hrs)
Background acting in movies and shows(Babylon movie and two HBO shows)
Director of Presentation at USC Vision for Vision Club
Summer Health Profession Education program(SHPEP)

IGETC status: Completed
In-state/OOS/International: In-state(USC)
School Type: USC Private School
Other (strengths, weaknesses, hooks,): I stayed consistent with everything I did. This pre-med journey is very hard guys, but if you stay strong and stay motivated you can do it. I hope UC’s do not reject me because I go to USC and not a CC, but let’s hope for the best. Wish you all best of luck, and let me know if you have any questions.

@ArminZavareh Hey man, congratulations on your accomplishments. I’m looking at your extracurriculars and I’m amazed. I’m sure the admission officers will be too.

Do you feel pretty confident about your PIQ’s?

GPA:3.95
Major: Economics
UC to UC transfer
Extracurricular: President of 2 on campus clubs, 2 on campus jobs, summer corporate internship, volunteering,
Singing/ Music production
Applied to: UCLA, UCI,UCSD,UCSB,UCB,UCD

Hey Guys,

For any film & Television transfers, I created a Film and Television transfer thread for Fall 2023.

Sup man. Sorry for the late response. I showed my PIQ’s to an advisor who went over them and gave me tips. I believe I explained things that needed to be explained. Again, I just did the best I could in the last two years, and tried to grow as a person. I believe it would be rewarding to get admissions from UC schools, but we just have to wait and see. Hope I get to see you at UCLA if we get in

I have an inkling that UCLA’s decisions will be released on the 21st. Anyone else have that same feeling?

Anyone? Bueller… Bueller… lol

where did you hear that? would be nice…