UCLA Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

is it confirmed that there won’t be any more big waves?

1 Like

UCLA rules!

My daughter got her housing offer this afternoon! She got off the WL on 5/6.

2 Likes

I’ve been stalking this thread for about 3 weeks now, and there have been a bunch of internationals and OOS students getting off the waitlist.

1 Like

My son got his housing offer today and he got off the WL on 4/29, he is in-state and major in Linguistics & CS.

1 Like

I have heard only 2-3 engineering majors getting off the waitlist. Is it because all the students admitted their offer and dont want to go to another school that they were waitlisted? Or is UCLA waiting for a while to see how many people will withhdraw and go to Cornell, Stanford etc. to offer open spots?

1 Like

My son has many WL this year, UCLA is his #1 dream school and also the 1st one got him off the WL. He said his LOCI, his 12th year GPA and award/achievements helped him a lot to get off the WL.

3 Likes

what major? and what did he put in LOCI?

1 Like

in state, oos or international?

1 Like

Should be in state I guess

1 Like

When did he get off.

No update on appeals either

he received email for off WL on 4/29, 2 days before the national decision deadline and his decision deadline was at 5/5, but he committed on 4/30 and put the deposit of housing at the same time…

Yeah in state, we are in public high school at bay area.

I am in the UCLA waiting list now. Can I still appeal , when can I appeal ?
Thank you !

You can only appeal if denied from the waitlist.

Thank you . So need to wait maybe July? Do you have some suggestion on how to write appeal letter?

1 Like

There is no specific date that the waitlists will close or send a denial.

For an appeal to be valid, you need to show the schools that you are a more competitive applicant than originally shown on your UC application. Significant academic achievements/awards or extenuating Medical/Health or Family issues that may have affected your academic performance that were not addressed in the original application could be valid reason to appeal.

Just so you know less than 1% of appeals are ever approved.

Did you update your academics/awards/achievements etc… on the UCLA waitlist statement?

1 Like

when did waiting list close last year?

Last year the UCLA waitlist closed August 19.