UCLA Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

thank you!

1 Like

Do you think the High school’s outstanding senior in English (or science) is a significant achievement?
Thank you!

1 Like

It is a nice achievement but it will not be a good reason to appeal.

so if we get denied from the waitlist later on (say when the waitlist closes in august), we could appeal at that point?

Yes, if the option is given to appeal after a waitlist denial. Some campuses will not consider an appeal after a certain deadline so you need to check with UCLA before filing an appeal.

Have you read the section on UCLA appeals?

Before You Submit an Appeal
Because all applicants are evaluated so thoroughly in multiple extensive reviews, admission decisions are rarely overturned. For an appeal to have merit, it must bring to light new academic and personal information, as well as information pertaining to extenuating circumstances, that had not been present in the application.
When we talk about presenting “new” information, we mean information not already presented in the original application (e.g. classes that were not listed as AP or Honors that should have been, additional coursework, etc.) — information that clearly shows the student to be stronger than had been earlier evidenced. High grades received in the senior year, recently acquired awards or additional extracurricular activities are not a basis for the reversal of a decision since decisions are based on academic information that was available at the time of application.
In rare cases, students may find it necessary to be in Los Angeles due to personal hardship. In itself, this is not grounds for the reversal of an admission decision since there are several other colleges in the Los Angeles area. Academic qualifications combined with the particular hardship listed would allow for an additional review of an applicant. If you base your appeal on an emergency or sudden-need situation, please be prepared to document your circumstances.

1 Like

anyone get off for biochem yet?

Just heard of another who got off the waitlist on Tuesday for Film, in state.

Definitely think waves are done and now they are just filling in as they need.

4 Likes

Right. No more waves I think.
Also majority who got off are instate

1 Like

nothing today?

1 Like

has anyone got off the waitlist for mechanical engineering or any engineering?

has anyone gotten off for biochem?

2 Likes

I have seen EE and Undeclared Engineering. No ME.

1 Like

I know a guy who is admitted to computer eng from the waitlist. Are you too waiting for mech eng like me? I am losing my hope though…

yes

appeal decision came today, rejected :frowning:

checked portal but no email

1 Like

same here… had the inkling

1 Like

Me too! It’s ok, hopefully you have other schools! Best of wishes!

1 Like

same, rejected

1 Like

I asked the admissiom office few weeks ago, they said they gonna sent out the decision for waitlist at june 1st something.

1 Like

appeal rejected too